Range Rovers Forum banner

Limited Edition?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Col 
#1 ·
Hi all, Im new here but have been a long time lurker. Some great advise and people on here so hopefully I will be able to learn even more now I have joined and can ask questions.

I have just taken the plunge and purchased a Range Rover. It’s a near as mint & unchanged from factory (not even a 2000 light upgrade) 1997 Niagra Grey 4.6 HSE with the light stone leather & black piping and HK Stereo system. It has done 89000 miles, FSH and has been religiously looked after (couldn't find as much as a scratch to knock the dealer down on price). I just hope the £2999 I have paid was not too much. The prices are all over the place right now.....

Anyway as the title states, what’s special about a Limited Edition????
The reason I ask is that on the database, my reg is logged as a 1997 4.6 LTD Edit, not simply a HSE?

Now as far as I am aware LTD Edit would mean Limited Edition. But what is so special about it or is there nothing at all. But then if that’s the case, why did they even create this Limited Edition?????

It’s badged as a HSE on the tailgate and as far as I can see there is no reference on the car to a Limited Edition????

Is this common? Sorry if this is a typical newbie question.......

I have not seen many Niagra Grey P38's about, maybe that is the limited factor?
The leather seats also have seven vertical seams on the seat bottoms and seven vertical and two horizontal seams on the seat backs as per 1998 spec, maybe they were fitted earlier as part of the Limited Edition?? Just ideas……..

See less See more
#3 ·
Indecisive said:
what’s special about a Limited Edition????
Hi
I havs a 98 Niagra Grey Ltd. Edit. had it 8 years and have never worked out what the Limited Edition related to, just seems like any other HSE to me the only reference is the log book states it's a Limited Edition. It has the HK Sound system but thats about all.

Cheers

#4 ·
Col said:
Hi
I havs a 98 Niagra Grey Ltd. Edit. had it 8 years and have never worked out what the Limited Edition related to, just seems like any other HSE to me the only reference is the log book states it's a Limited Edition. It has the HK Sound system but thats about all.

Cheers
Maybe there were only 2 made and you got the other one :wink:

Rich998a said:
3K sounds like a very good deal from a dealer.

Not sure what to say about the Limited Edition - isn't there any other markings on the car? Have you opened the engine bay?
Yes I thought so to, the car was advertised and sold to me all in the space of 6hrs. Took me 2 weeks to find the right one in my price range though. I have not seen any unusual markings or anything for that matter to give it Ltd status other than in the log book (same as Col). Do you think LR would be able to throw any light on it?

My guess is it's just a term thrown around in the showroom so it looks good.

#5 ·
You should have a metalic sticker under the hood or on the drivers door edging that states what # of # produced it would be and what edition it is. For instance mine is #10 of 10 Granite Editions produced.

#6 ·
rrtoadhall said:
You should have a metalic sticker under the hood or on the drivers door edging that states what # of # produced it would be and what edition it is. For instance mine is #10 of 10 Granite Editions produced.
Ok thanks for that. I collect the car on Tuesday so I will have a look then.

#8 ·
I recently sold my 98 4.6 HSE which was also shown as a Limited Edition in the V5 ( I replaced with a 99).
My car was Epsom Green with Lightstone interior piped in dark green and had the following which apparently was the reason it was a Limited Edition:
- Privacy Glass
- 18 in wheels
- Clear Light lenses front and rear
- Front and rear light protectors
- HK Stereo
- Half wood effect trim around centre console and upto and including radio

It was virtually identical to a Vogue spec.

#9 ·
Well I picked my Rangy up today :dance: and loved the drive home (so responsive in sport mode for such a big lump) gonna need to get used to slowing down for bends though lol.

I have hunted high and low for a sticker describing Ltd Edition and can find nothing ( who knows, maybe it's been removed, who knows) I am however hoping that it is a "I won't break down on you limited edition" now that would be something :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.