RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd pass this on. I went skiing yesterday at Mammoth Mountain; due to confusion during parking I left my headlights in the on position (not auto), 5 hours later I returned to the vehicle and a message in the dash saying "Start Car Immediately - Low Battery" so I started the vehicle up just fine. Did the lights get turned off somehow when I locked the car up and left? I think when I returned and unlocked the car the lights came back on again - as I noticed them on when I was loading the vehicle up.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
104 Posts
Not sure about your model year, but our 2005 will go to just parking lights if left on. Doesn't drain as fast as the low beams.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
On many vehicles using a BCM, or body control module, the module senses battery voltage every time it queries the CAN bus. While it cannot turn the lights off, it can disconnect the main relay when it sees the battery voltage drop below a certain voltage. This feature protects the battery from ANY drain, allowing the vehicle to be started. It is likely that the key fob signaled a proximity signal, and re-energized the main relay. Ray

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Ray - I was very thankful for it! I do have a jumper-battery in my trunk, but I've only ever started other people's vehicles with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts