RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,

My wife came in today and said that the lighter, lighter in centre console and the back up sensors aren't working. I thought it was obviously a fuse issue so I looked in the glove box and Fuse #2 is fine.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking in order to solve this mystery.

Cheers

Martin

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Have you plugged something you shouldn't have into them recently? According to the manual (I only read this yesterday) the cigar lighter sockets are unsuitable for anything other than the lighter. If you want to use chargers etc you should use the accessory socket in the cubby box. The manual says serious damage can occur if accessories are plugged into the lighter sockets, personally I'm not sure how true this is as a phone charger has a very low draw, I could understand it for hair curlers etc!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've been using the lighter socket to power my satnav and charge my phone for ages, without any ill effect.

I don't think there is any difference between a lighter socket and an accessory socket.

Anyhoo, doing anything daft would simply blow the fuse.

I think it a is a coincidence.

Are the front proximity sensors working?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't believe my 205 HSE has the front sensors. When I put the vehicle in reverse the tone sounds for about 10 secs and then stops. I tested it by backing up to a wall and they didn't activate. Hmmmm, I still havent figured it out. The front fuse would be the first line of defence for the lighters wouldn't they? Is there anything prior to the fuse that could trip??

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
garioch43 said:
I don't think there is any difference between a lighter socket and an accessory socket.
I think they are on different circuits - the WSM mentions fuse 1 for the lighters and fuse 1 & 7 for the accessory socket (possibly relay switched??).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dan_UK_1984 said:
(possibly relay switched??).

Could I have fried the relay swtiched? My manual shows Fuse #2 in my book. once the misses comes back from the Island I will check again if there is another blown fuse. (I didn't see any when I checked yesterday).

Cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
I believe I have read somewhere that if one of the sensors fail, all sort of strange things will happen. Please do a search and see what you find out. It might have been on a X5 forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
**UPDATE**

Apparently there are two fuses for the cigarette lighters. One is Fuse #2 in the glovebox and the other is Fuse #1 in the rear right trunk space. Who would've thunk it ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brilliant i was going mad looking for fuse 71 lol i really was thinking im stupid but thanks to this post i found it in the trunk
i only just bought my range rover its l322 se vouge v8 i love it few small things ive to sort on it

question now that the cigarette lighter is working does it always stay on ?? when the keys are out of the ignition or does it turn off at some stage ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just want to say that this thread kept me from pulling my hair out over what I thought was an electric Gremlin. I love these forums.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts