RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm in the market for a 2012 Autobiography, and wonder if anyone has mounted a lightbar to the front of one of them. I want to keep the original front bumper, and only mount a lightbar and hidden winch. I'm particularly interested in the overall width of the bar used.

Thanks

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
184 Posts
I'm not sure about the light bar...but the winch will prove to be a bit difficult unless you're cutting up your front bumper. There were some OEM winches available for the L322...but none of them that I've seen fit the 2012 autobiography bumper. I guess you could always switch to an early bumper and use the OEM winch...or custom job is always an option.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm not sure about the light bar...but the winch will prove to be a bit difficult unless you're cutting up your front bumper. There were some OEM winches available for the L322...but none of them that I've seen fit the 2012 autobiography bumper. I guess you could always switch to an early bumper and use the OEM winch...or custom job is always an option.
Have you seen any photos of the l322 with the winch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
268 Posts
Have you seen any photos of the l322 with the winch?
Pretty sure you're doing a full facelift downgrade which is new core supports, bumper and headlights to the MY06-09 for that and I think you have to fit the brushbar which also isn't available for MY10-MY12 facelift cars. Speaking in terms of winches tho.

EDIT: I stand corrected! A quick google search brought up this: A MY10+ with a winch!

LRDirect has VPLMP0098 listed at appx $3500 USD actual cost. Maybe that includes the winch?

I also found this thread:

Part # VPLMP0098 - The LR Accessories catalog and the installation guide (pdf is available on the "Winch Kit for MY2010+ Available" thread on this forum) indicates this is a MY2010-'12 item, but for "Diesel Brazilian Market". Guidance on the web suggests this may put the gas-engine front axle over the max load due to the weight (maybe the Brazil model is lighter?).
This is a good question and might a fundamental design issue with Petrol L322s.

Lightbar:

The MY11 US and UK ABs had a normal bumper (still different than MY06-09) which you could probably stick a lightbar inside the bumper itself, below the license plate. The MY12 US AB as you know really wouldn't have a place for it except in the lower grill also below the license plate but you'd for sure be cutting that up.

My thought:
If you could build a bracket that attached under the front lip of the hood or off the grill supports, placing the bar in front of the very top of the grill you might have a winning combo of visibility and minimal modifications to body panels.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was told that the winch doesn’t fit 2012 v8 non super charged model. It only fits the diesel version. I was looking at buying the winch kit but after hearing this, I canceled it. I would sure love to be able to buy an off-road winch ready bumper for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts