RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newb here. I hope you guys know of a solve for me. I noticed after driving through the car wash a little while ago, that water was dripping in through the rear of the sunroof. I held my fingers up to where the trim seal is that runs around the glass and should bump up against the roof and I noticed light coming in. More as I moved my fingers over to the passenger side, than on the drivers side. I tried the reset (holding the tilt button down for 30 seconds) but that didn't do much of anything. Is there something I can adjust to move the glass back 1cm or so? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Welcome. I believe there have been a couple threads on a leaking sunroof, but you'll have to search. I myself have had a leak (couple drips) when going through one of those no-touch high pressure spray washes. Can't say that I checked the sunroof though.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Actually took my 07 in last Thursday for this very issue. They said it was normal and that, by design, the water is to drip into the tray/pan and pass through the drain tubes (which can get clogged). Unless water is getting into interior and causing problems, they said no problem. Having said that, they said they adjusted the sunroof to make the seal a bit better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys. I really appreciate it. I'll pull off the blinds tonight and make sure they're aligned properly. If had been a drop or too, I wouldn't have sweat it but the area around the handle that you use to pull the sunroof cover panel closed was soaked and has now left a ring. Not to mention a pretty substantial amount of wind noise on the interstate. I'll post later with results.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
335 Posts
It seems like every time I click on a link, instead of taking me to the thread, it takes me back to the home page when you have to select the forum again!!! why is that????

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
The link got broken when we migrated to the new forum.

Try it now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts