RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 1992 Classic from a member of our local LR club who was moving. I really wasn’t looking to get a Classic again ever but here we are. My P38 project is my priority for now as it is getting close to being finished. The end goal on this Classic is lightly restored in presentable cosmetic condition with a heavy duty suspension, slightly larger tires and ARB bumper. I have to hunt down some interior pieces that are missing and deal with butchered seats. The body is straight, all the glass is good and it’s the simpler base model. I will update this thread as I go along like my P38 thread. Here are some photos of when I drove it home and the current state of the interior.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a Floridian I’m not familiar with this red stuff eating my car!!! I spent the day stripping out the carpet and backing. The backing was soaked, I’m guessing the leaking sunroof is the reason. I’ve wire brushed the worst of the rust and got phosphate on it. I’ll finish wire brushing the rest of the rust this weekend, get it treated with phosphate, cut out the worst of the rust with a cutting wheel and then I’ll take it to a welder to have patches welded in. Once the patches are installed I’ll prime and paint the floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
yrm metals, https://yrmit.co.uk. could be your friend when and or if ordering / wanting replacement panels. 92 did not have memory mirrors or seats thus no failed seat ecu you're in luck.
also as a multiple past present and possible future rover owner may, I welcome you to the glutton for punishment ownership club. I have not seen such clean and original vintage rover specimen in a very long time, great find best of luck on your future endeavor.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
29 Posts
I was planning a "light" restoration on my 1991 RRC but it quickly turned into a full 8 month rust repair resto.
Ill be starting a thread on the process if anyone is interested on how deep I had to go

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haven’t made any progress on the Classic but I have ordered new coils for it and tires. I just have to take some time to get going on the project as my P38 winds down.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tires and coils for the Classic have arrived as well as the new ones for my P38.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Started working on the valley pan gasket, will have the top end tire down today and will get it all back together over the next few nights.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts