RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a solution to use lift rods to only lift 1"? I think lifting 2" will make access height too tall for my wife and she will complain!

I think I have seen adjustable ones but can't seem to find them anywhere now.

I know IIDTool is the obvious solution but its significantly more costly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I meant 1.5” i.e. Johnson Rods

I can’t figure out how to edit my post from my phone... sorry guys. I would like a 0.75-1” rod lift, any options? There are adjustable ones but they are for the RRS I only not 2014+.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Along with the additional 0.5-0.75” from the tires, yes. The princess and the pea haha! I think at that point she would have to hop up into the truck and would be annoyed. It’s her DD, mine is a Ram truck with a 4” lift and 35” tires.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
That's most likely your only option under 2". 3/4" is along the lines of "why bother". if you had the proper equipment you may be able to calibrate your EAS for 3/4" in normal mode. However that may be out of range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's most likely your only option under 2". 3/4" is along the lines of "why bother". if you had the proper equipment you may be able to calibrate your EAS for 3/4" in normal mode. However that may be out of range.
It would be enough for me to definitely clear 265/60R20 in access height and in case if EAS failure.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
81 Posts
It would be enough for me to definitely clear 265/60R20 in access height and in case if EAS failure.
If the EAS fails you’re on bump stops, rods and/or IID tool height adjustment don’t matter.

If you want a minor lift, the IID tool would be your best option

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,
I have installed a LLAMS kit on my L494 (2015.5) . Works well. See LLAMS.com.au for details. Gives you up and down height control , on top of whatever setting the car's height is in.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
88 Posts
Does anyone have a solution to use lift rods to only lift 1"? I think lifting 2" will make access height too tall for my wife and she will complain!

I think I have seen adjustable ones but can't seem to find them anywhere now.

I know IIDTool is the obvious solution but its significantly more costly.
I have a set of adjustable rods that you can customize to whatever height you like(within the parameters of course). Had them on my RRS before I bought the IIDTool, so now I just use that.
Got them off ebay, about $180 I think they were and came with a full guide.

Very easy to fit, the front ones you don't even have to remove the wheels, just raise the vehicle with a jack. Rear ones are a bit more fiddly, have to remove wheels to gain access. Just be careful not to snap the plastic arms of the height sensors when removing. I used lubricant to aid removal, helps them slide off easier.

rods.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts