RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone gone away from the EAS and gone to a lift kit to use more as a off road truck for hunting? How big are the tires and how much lift? and How much on road handling did you give up?

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
You can lift the eas system for free.

If you need some extra clearance for tires, just throw on a body lift.

·
Registered
269 Posts
265/75R16 with EAS. kmag, if you come across a body lift for this truck let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
I don't think there's a mass produced kit out there (body lift). You basically have to make your own, either using parts from a different rig, or one of the git'r'dun redneck homemade types. Hockey pucks, pieces of steel, or boat trailer rollers cut in half.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Shouldn't need a lift kit for tires that size, want is another story.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
rhino_ed said:
Shouldn't need a lift kit for tires that size, want is another story.
He didn't say what size tires he was planning... he just wanted to know what others were running.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm running coils on mine. It already had the Atlantic British coil conversion when I bought it. I swapped the rears with Disco II rear coils, then put my old rear coils on the front. I got 2" lift spacers from Toddco and then swapped those in. That allowed me to fit 285/75/16's on mine.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

Wow, EAS Lift???? Shupack when do you have does? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It's exactly what I want :)

Regards,
Sérgio

·
Registered
269 Posts
Shupack, i would enjoy something, like a preprogrammed box, that people could plug in that automatically calibrates a suspension for reasonable max lift, but also comes with a factory setting. For example, I run very large tires (265/75R16) in the winter, with mondials in the summer. I would like to have a lift for winter, but not on the mondials. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Just use stoney's software and remember the values you come up with. Free is nice.

Plus, correct me if I'm wrong Dennis, having a universal 'lift box' would be impossible, since we all have different values.
Unless it did some sort of a max/min height cycle like the stupid blend motors do every start up.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
NikeCheck246 said:
Shupack, i would enjoy something, like a preprogrammed box, that people could plug in that automatically calibrates a suspension for reasonable max lift, but also comes with a factory setting. For example, I run very large tires (265/75R16) in the winter, with mondials in the summer. I would like to have a lift for winter, but not on the mondials. Thoughts?
There is a schematic for just such a box on the main site, manual extended profile selector. :wink:
I have one lying around but haven't fitted it yet, mainly because the EAS doesn't wanna talk to the Rovacom (otherwise it's performing perfectly), so if anything should go wrong I'm in big trouble.
The box is supposed to be used when in offroad height, to add another inch or so. It works by adding a constant voltage, which can be set by a potentiometer, to the signal from the height sensors. You could use it in any setting, thus giving you 2 different sets.
I'm running 265/75R16 Mickey Thompsons without a lift, but do enjoy the extra flex the GENIII and Bilsteins offer, especially in offroad height. Most of the time I don't feel the need for an extra lift, but it could be usefull when fording or crossing ditches, to increase clearance.

Greetz,

Filip

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

My mistake, i was thinking that you was talking about lifting the airbag itself and not the system. I only what more clearance to put a bigger tyres without rubbing.

Regards

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
SERSAN said:
Hi,

My mistake, i was thinking that you was talking about lifting the airbag itself and not the system. I only what more clearance to put a bigger tyres without rubbing.

Regards
Yes and no, the box Escape mentions will work for what you want, but for a proper lift you also need longer shocks, height sensor modifications (minor) and air spring spacers... since you want it more for snow tires than offroading, the voltage box may work just fine for you but it'd be hard to do that universal. Since it's only 2x/year, store your settings for each set of tires and re-load the ECU when you change tires, should work fine, and free.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts