RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am going to update my supension. I want to go from my current 1.5in OME medium springs, 2in spacers, no sway bars, and OME extended shocks. I want to run 3in springs, cones, Fox shocks, and a 2in bodylift so my tires won't rub, Im losing the spacers. My question is will I need to upgrade to extended driveshafts? I am fine right now with the 3.5in of lift but with 5in of lift will I need too?

I am doing a few upgrades to the Classic. I added Sylvania Silverstar headlights and Yellow Top battery today, a vast improvment over stock. I am having the alternator rebuilt, adding a new transfer case, Hella Rallye 4000i lights, and Im going to finish my rear bumper and sliders I ve been stalled on for a year (**** job :roll: )

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
You should be OK with the standard shafts. I have a 2inch spring and 2 inch body lift without issue. Another Rangie I have been working on had a 2 inch body lift with a 3inch spring lift in the front and a 5 inch in the rear and had no issues with standard prop shafts. We have since dropped the rear down to a 3 inch spring lift.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I had 3.5 inches of lift before and didnt like the angle of the spring where it sat on the axle, was all bowed out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts