RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after my Sport spent 40 days in the shop and was returned to us twice without the problem being fixed, Land Rover North America has officially decided to replace it. The second time they returned it to us Land Rover North America mentioned that they would send us some money back for our troubles, but when it wouldn't start again and they officially decided to replace it, they refused to upgrade the car any or give us any money back. Meanwhile, I paid for a 2010 Range Rover Sport and have been driving their LR3 loaner car around since about a week after I bought my car, and will be until they can find a replacement. I know that the Lemon Law in my state only requires them to replace or refund the car, but from a customer service standpoint it seems like they should be doing a little more, especially since they were originally willing to give us some money back when they thought they had fixed the car. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you had had experiences with cars having to be replaced and if Land Rover did anything to compensate you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Lemon Law varies W I D E L Y by state. Where are you located? California is the most pro-consumer from what I've heard.

Wow, there really seems to be a lot of problems with 2010s granted I'm new to the brand and forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it the first week of November. Didn't have any problems for about the first week, but after that it started going through periods where it just wouldn't start. It would be fine one day and then the next I would try 20 times in a row to start it and it just wouldn't. They tried resetting it and getting new key fobs, etc. but nothing worked and they have no idea what's going on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
I am having a few troubles my self but dont think this would be a lemon because I am still taking it to dealer on Thursday to get this fixed.

1. Issue with my rear passenger window goes up and down without staying put.

2. Wind noise in my front driver side at 50 + speed. This drives me nuts!

3. One of my exhaust is lower than the other by 2 inches or so.

4. Wierd Noise coming from the front side wheel when rolling in low speed with windows down. Sounds like breaks but not sure.

5. Low coolant level turns on. Looks like a recall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
111mb said:
Lemon Law varies W I D E L Y by state. Where are you located? California is the most pro-consumer from what I've heard.

Wow, there really seems to be a lot of problems with 2010s granted I'm new to the brand and forum.
Agreed, but they appear to be mostly software-related which isn't AS bad. However, when I am done with my '07, I'll probably be looking at the 11's. Then again, service records and history will dictate reliability more than anything cause there's people out there with completely unreliable 07's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I took delivery of a 1996 Range Rover HSE when the new model came out. I'm in NY, and the truck's gearbox failed all the time. I would have to pull over, shut the car off, and try 100 times to get it into gear. I sued Land Rover, they ended up giving me all the lease payments back, plus legal fees, and took me out of the lease. What a pain in the neck, but the lemon law prevailed.

So, I did it again....now I have a 2010 Range Rover Sport HSE. I just returned a 2 year lease on the LR2 (loved it) and this RRS drives WORSE than the LR2. When I hit the gas, it's "rough', and I can feel the grind in the gas pedal and wheel. I hate it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
PRSC said:
I am having a few troubles my self but dont think this would be a lemon because I am still taking it to dealer on Thursday to get this fixed.

2. Wind noise in my front driver side at 50 + speed. This drives me nuts!
I noticed alot of people complaining about this - just be thankful you aren't in a Jeep. My SRT8 would howl on any windy day or over 60 mph. I do have some wind noise in my RRS, but only when its real windy but there's no whistling going on, so I'm really happy having come from that Chrylsler. I know these are RR's, but it could be ALOT worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I had the coolant issue....at 2000 miles...look under the vehicle for a orange leak as there was no gasket installed on the heating manifold....My dealership did try and help me with an Avis rental car etc... during the repair. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
how about this my car is in the shop for two weeks. shut off on the highway and almost killed myself. dealer says nothing wrong..what do i do???
lr2 sucks driving it around reminds me of a '00 crv
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
yoni26 said:
how about this my car is in the shop for two weeks. shut off on the highway and almost killed myself. dealer says nothing wrong..what do i do???
lr2 sucks driving it around reminds me of a '00 crv
That's a bit drastic isn't it, it's only a car. Geez some people are far too sensitive. :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
q-rover said:
yoni26 said:
how about this my car is in the shop for two weeks. shut off on the highway and almost killed myself. dealer says nothing wrong..what do i do???
lr2 sucks driving it around reminds me of a '00 crv
That's a bit drastic isn't it, it's only a car. Geez some people are far too sensitive. :shock:
Looks to me that someone has some shares in Land Rover! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
How would you like to be driving a 75k car around with 1500 miles on it on the highway at 70mph and BOOM! your car shuts off and you almost swerve off the road for dear life..FORGET THE CAR I didnt want to die!
 

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
4,468 Posts
Wow...I recall this happening on a rare occasion with the S/C 2006 version, I think the cause was fuel pump failure. Have they looked at that issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
They claim to have looked at everything..and say nothing is wrong and can find the problem. The issue is that I dont want to take the risk again. I asked the service technician what if this was a plane and it just shut off in the air what would happen..He said to me well they can still land it in the river.
 

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
4,468 Posts
yoni26 said:
They claim to have looked at everything..and say nothing is wrong and can find the problem. The issue is that I dont want to take the risk again. I asked the service technician what if this was a plane and it just shut off in the air what would happen..He said to me well they can still land it in the river.
Time to raise bloody hell then with LRNA...that's a completely crappy response.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
that is what I am trying to do. Honestly The car is a lease and I am scared shitless to drive it again. I just want them to take the car back and leave me alone...
:shock:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top