Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lemforder Control Arm - New Logo & Stamping Style Being Used

Wanted to share what i thought would be useful information regarding LEMFORDER Control Arms.
I recently purchased a replacement control arm "LR018343" from an online site. I've purchased many Lemforder parts in the past, and was very familiar with the way these parts are "stamped" with the part numbers as well as with the famous OWL inside the TRIANGLE LOGO.
To my surprise :shock::shock:, the new part i received had none of the typical branding!!!!:?: The part had NO raised stamped part numbers, and NO Owl logo.
Instead, the part number was laser etched onto the part, and the logo was an "L" insider of a triangle. This raise RED FLAGS, and i immediately believed I had a counterfeit part. After doing some additional research and actually calling "ZF" (Lemforder is a brand of ZF) in the U.S., the part was confirmed to be authentic.
The rep I spoke to confirmed that the part I had, being made out of a manufacturing plant in Turkey, used this type of stamping and logo.
GREAT NEWS :)
See below for pictures of the packaging and part.

Plastic bag Auto part Plastic wrap
Transparency Plastic bag
Text Font
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Bicycle tire Wheel
Auto part

·
Registered
98 Posts
DreMan - Curious to know how your control arms worked out? I am on my second set. First were from Atlantic British which failed under a year. They refunded my money and now I am using Moog. Trying to get ahead of my next replacement and heard Lemforder were good. I do about 100 miles a month off road. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
697 Posts
DreMan - Curious to know how your control arms worked out? I am on my second set. First were from Atlantic British which failed under a year. They refunded my money and now I am using Moog. Trying to get ahead of my next replacement and heard Lemforder were good. I do about 100 miles a month off road. Thanks in advance.
I used lemforder and delphi control arms less than 5k all gone.
I gave my old control arms to a local blacksmith he repaired 15 years old part for me, flight is normal for 10k

Go to the junk yard and find a low milage l322.second hand Factory parts are better than new parts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks mylife - wish someone would make a good set that could withstand off road use. Hopefully the Moog set will last a few years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.