RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my first range rover sport last night and I am very excited and loving it so far. I had a quick question. The small rectangular screen (similar to odometer screen) in the rev gauge on the left side is off and just bland. Its got 2 grey buttons under it that are behind the glass so cannot be touched.

Any idea what that is?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
There are a few system status icons in there that usually stay off, can't remember which ones from memory but two of them are the Low Range and Hill Descent Control indicators. So, if you engage either on the center console you should see the corresponding icon light up in that panel. The grey "buttons" under the panel are actually ambient light sensors, so don't cover them and keep the screen in front of them clean. Everything is clearly spelled out in the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks, I am going to spend the next few weeks studying the manual but just wanted to do a quick check that this wasnt a broken!

·
Registered
314 Posts
The right one of the adjacent grey "buttons" is the ambient light sensor for the NAV screen, as umbertob mentioned, but I believe the left one is the red blinking light when you set the alarm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got another one they had. It had 37K miles and was a 2008 that was titled in April 2009 so the basic warranty is till April 2013. There is one 45k maintenance remaining which I have to get done by end of Sept of if I hit 45K miles, whichever comes first. I got it for 35K USD. Pic attached in first post.

·
Premium Member
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
134 Posts
Looks nice! That's where I bought mine from as well (MW).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts