RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 range rover supercharged LWB. I bought it new back in 2016, I don't really drive it much after all 3 years it still doesn't have 30k miles on it. The first year it was great (right at about 10k miles) after that things started getting worse. My biggest issue with it is this very annoying brake squeal when driving at low speed and lightly braking to stop the vehicle.

I've been to multiple dealerships and the closest one to home refuses to do anything besides keep it for a week then call saying its normal or just keep it then when I call back say they haven't gotten to it yet so out of anger I just bring it back home. So my question to you smart people is what is going on?!

Does anyone else have this issue? It only comes from the front left brake.
The dealer keeps giving me BS answers. The last dealer I took it to the service advisor claims that "all of them do it we can hop into a new one and I can get it to make the same noise your hearing" the service manager states "range over knows this is a common issue these are high-performance vehicles the brake compound just ends up making the noise, the tried 7 different new brake compounds but no difference"

I had taken my new Ram 1500 to pick up the rover and he stated that these vehicles are made in America they aren't made to do what the range rover can they use harder brake compounds etc essentially comparing my 50k truck to my 150k range rover. YEAH, I know what my vehicles do but it's amazing how I spend so much money on a rover yet the ram has no issues compared to it.

Besides dealership trying to fix it would you all recommend any aftermarket brake pads/ Big brake kits? I replaced brake pads, rotors sensor etc at 20k miles its now at 27. It still has more than enough brake pad left on it but when it does need new brakes would anyone recommend switching to brembos? I haven't seen any LWB with brembos but I'm sure it can be done.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
man your dealer is full of horse plop. they did not do 7 brake compounds, they did 3 and the third compound fixed the squeaking issue.

no clue where you are located, please put your location in your profile and Rover info in your signature.

maybe someone can recommend a good indie in your area

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I've has been looking online for others with the same issue the only video I found that closely resembles my issue is the one below.it only occurs at low-speed braking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-hihMfOiso&lc=z23oujxgjy3lxpqzv04t1aokgoxaxolwsqwhbspzbqt3rk0h00410.1547229942859977

man your dealer is full of horse plop. they did not do 7 brake compounds, they did 3 and the third compound fixed the squeaking issue.

no clue where you are located, please put your location in your profile and Rover info in your signature.

maybe someone can recommend a good indie in your area

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
There was a TSB (technical service bulletin) for squeal while low speed breaking - I'm sure a few minutes search here will help you track down the bulletin #. Not sure if it was applicable for '16s.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
616 Posts
Mutti,
There are several of us who have had this problem. I changed my pads from OEM to Disc Italia ceramic pads and the problem resolved. I kept the OEM pads. Secondary benefit was that the amount of dust really decreased, as well. I have Brembros, BTW. So I would not recommend changing to another kit to eliminate the squeaking.
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts