RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have owned my 1993 LWB the left air vent (passenger side) barely has any air coming out. Even at full blast, just a little comes out. I am thinking that the vent hose has gotten loose from it's connection near the center console area.

I really don't want to remove the whole dash to get to the source. Can I get to the potential problem area by removing the lower left foot well panel (louver,facia,panel) or will I have to also remove the some or all of the dash facia, panel, etc as well.

Of course, I am trying to take the easiest possible route. Summer here in San Antonio has been brutal this year with over 55 days over a 100 degrees. This old man needs some air blowing on him. I am planning to do the dreaded dash removal this fall (when it gets cooler) to replace the heater core. I am just not all that fired up about doing it now with this heat.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Parker
1993 LWB Plymouth Blue

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm not an A/C expert by any means but if it helps, mine trickles out too. The center two or three will blast your hair back and the sides do little - my old 94 did the same. Someone else might be able to confirm how there's is, but I think this is the classic M.O.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that it might be normal but, I want to see if there is a leak somewhere in the passenger side vent tubing. I removed the vent but, ave not investigated further. Decided to go hunting instead :D :D . I will check it out sometime this week.

Thanks
Parker
1993 LWB

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
367 Posts
More than likely the hose has fallen off one end or the other. It has to snake around to get all the way over there from the blower box. The material is also prone to breaking down and might have holes in the tubes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts