RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm sure this has been covered, and if someone can point me to the right thread that would be great, but I swapped out the old light bulbs for the interior with LED style bulbs. Everything worked great up to the front doors. The lights at the bottom of the door, I think they're called puddle lamps, were working before the swap, stopped working with LED style, and when I put the old bulb back in, still wouldn't work. I've left the LED bulbs in in the hopes that there may be an easy solution. Any tips? Also, when I took out the passenger side rear dome light I noticed that the power cord was so short that it came off when I pulled out the assembly. Any suggestions on pulling that cord to get length?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I did the same but my buddy who used to own a car stereo and accessories shop did it for me. I remember him telling me that he had to use resistors on the doors and trunk. The doors were since swapped out with the Range Rover Logo puddle lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rear doors work fine. Just the front doors aren't working.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
106 Posts
If the light still does not function after restoring the incandescent, then it might be a fuse or connection.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how, but am happy to say, after swapping out the licence plate lights and the reverse lights, I powered up the Range Rover and all lights (except one) are working fine with no alarms. Still have to figure out how I am going to access the headliner on the rear passenger side to see why the wires are so short.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts