Range Rovers Forum banner

LED headlight conversion

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ddm2k 
#1 ·
Has anyone converted their Xenon headlights to LED for L322? I have only found threads about interior lights and nonL322 headlights. Does anyone have recommendations for specific bulbs? Is anything needed other than the bulb? I have an 07RRSC. Thanks.

#2 ·
Has anyone converted their Xenon headlights to LED for L322? I have only found threads about interior lights and nonL322 headlights. Does anyone have recommendations for specific bulbs? Is anything needed other than the bulb? I have an 07RRSC. Thanks.
Following.

You’d have to trace it back behind the ballasts to get switched 12V (via the stalk; not just ignition-switched) because the ballasts put out the full bulb voltage of 42V for the D3S, which would burn out any 12V LED rather expeditiously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Thanks. So are you saying you have to rewire from the stalk in the steering wheel? Could you not just cut out the ballast and rewire to a new LED bulb? Is a resistor needed in order to bring the voltage down?
You’re right. What I meant was get the power from the 12V from behind the ballast. When I said from the stalk I meant you could not use just anything designated “12v, switched” because it wouldn’t be controlled by the lights, just the ignition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.