RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone converted their Xenon headlights to LED for L322? I have only found threads about interior lights and nonL322 headlights. Does anyone have recommendations for specific bulbs? Is anything needed other than the bulb? I have an 07RRSC. Thanks.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Has anyone converted their Xenon headlights to LED for L322? I have only found threads about interior lights and nonL322 headlights. Does anyone have recommendations for specific bulbs? Is anything needed other than the bulb? I have an 07RRSC. Thanks.
Following.

You’d have to trace it back behind the ballasts to get switched 12V (via the stalk; not just ignition-switched) because the ballasts put out the full bulb voltage of 42V for the D3S, which would burn out any 12V LED rather expeditiously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. So are you saying you have to rewire from the stalk in the steering wheel? Could you not just cut out the ballast and rewire to a new LED bulb? Is a resistor needed in order to bring the voltage down?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks. So are you saying you have to rewire from the stalk in the steering wheel? Could you not just cut out the ballast and rewire to a new LED bulb? Is a resistor needed in order to bring the voltage down?
You’re right. What I meant was get the power from the 12V from behind the ballast. When I said from the stalk I meant you could not use just anything designated “12v, switched” because it wouldn’t be controlled by the lights, just the ignition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts