Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
821 Posts
Re: Led drl front lighting (Halo rings) on 2012 RRS replacement.

Hello everyone,

Need some help and maybe you can push me to the right place on the forum. I need to know if I can replace the LED DRL in the Front headlights. I would like to make mine brighter and more of a LED blue.

Thank you for all your help!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I can only speculate, as I have experience with replacing LEDs on PC boards. You'd have to take apart the headlights and desolder the LEDs from (what I assume is) a PC board. You'd have to find exact voltage rated replacements with a higher Kelvin rating in order to do it.

If you wanted to risk it, you'd have to heat up the headlight housing in an oven and open it up in order to see what you're dealing with. Then, head over to a site like oznium.com to see if you can find a compatible replacement.

Good luck!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can you make the LED RINGS Brighter?

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
no. that's like asking if you can make a 40w bulb as bright as a 100w bulb. Max output is max output.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
800 Posts
I can only speculate, as I have experience with replacing LEDs on PC boards. You'd have to take apart the headlights and desolder the LEDs from (what I assume is) a PC board. You'd have to find exact voltage rated replacements with a higher Kelvin rating in order to do it.

If you wanted to risk it, you'd have to heat up the headlight housing in an oven and open it up in order to see what you're dealing with. Then, head over to a site like oznium.com to see if you can find a compatible replacement.

Good luck!
So if this ever happens on my car my choices are to do this or replace the entire headlight assembly? Mine are fine so I have no reason to go looking but don't these things cost upwards of 1000 each?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts