RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you are looking to change the 194 bulbs in your Range but didnt b/c of error mesage try these. i just got a pair and they work great. They have the resistor built in. At first i got an error then at next start up never again. They also have the license plate lights too. bout to get them when i get back to Chicago. Just tryin to help those out that want some LEDs. Ya mean. Ill take some pics when i get home friday night awight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0125789942

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

sorry for low quality. took pics with phone

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thanks for the information. Did you get them to more closely match the color of your xenon's? Also, is it hard to access the parking lights inside of the engine compartment?

Finally, do you have any more pic's as they are very blurry?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luxury1 said:
Thanks for the information. Did you get them to more closely match the color of your xenon's? Also, is it hard to access the parking lights inside of the engine compartment?

Finally, do you have any more pic's as they are very blurry?
its easy to get to the lights you just have to unscrew a white plastic piece (2003) and pop the lense out. the passanger side is a bit difficult to reach but doable. Just dont drop the plastic screw. I bought white LEDs. My license plate LEDS should arrive today. When i get home friday I will take better pics not using my phone.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bsolidgold said:
What are the lights above the main headlight assy.? Or is that just a reflection from the LED's?
Eyebrows. its an LED strip i added

·
Registered
25 Posts
How did you add them (the ones you call eye brows), also where did you buy them from? They look nice, make it look different.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think it was 10 bucks shipped from ebay, and i bought a crimp type of gizmo (pack of 8 is $4) that splices wires. you just tap into your light and ground it and thats it yo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-White-15-LED-30c ... .m14.l1262

at night it straight with HID fogs. I like it. cheap addition and is hidden by the hood.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bsolidgold said:
Thanks 36dbldz! I just ordered some :dance:
hope you like them. you will run the strip on the outside of the headlight and then tuck the wires between the the side light and give it power bro. you will be the 2nd to rep that yo. holla :thumb:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
860 Posts
bsolidgold said:
I ordered some too. Thanks, I like that Audi look and I think it is going to spread. Are the connection points easy to find? Did you snap a picture by any chance?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
marcpablo said:
bsolidgold said:
I ordered some too. Thanks, I like that Audi look and I think it is going to spread. Are the connection points easy to find? Did you snap a picture by any chance?
i can take a pic. i used a bolt on the inside for ground and i tapped into the white indicator for power. i bet some of yall may come up with a version that is better that what i came up with but thats what we are here for. I like the Audi look too. there was a different strip that i was going to try but decided i wasnt gonna spend too much time on it.

if yall want to experiment try this one and let a brotha know. The think theses will show up better in the day than the ones i installed

http://cgi.ebay.com/1x-12V-30cm-White-5 ... 286.c0.m14

·
Registered
565 Posts
I think I may also pull the trigger on these 36dbldz but I think it is going to be more tricky to get in as I will have to take out the headlight assembly to access the bulb (we may have different engines).

It is hard to tell from the picture but does the bulb put out about the same amount of light as the stock incadescent bulbs?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
luxury1 said:
I think I may also pull the trigger on these 36dbldz but I think it is going to be more tricky to get in as I will have to take out the headlight assembly to access the bulb (we may have different engines).

It is hard to tell from the picture but does the bulb put out about the same amount of light as the stock incadescent bulbs?
at night yes during the day not as much. during the day I can hardly see them on. You must have an 06+. That might be tricky i guess? You may not have to take out the headlamp . If you can get to your side light wires w/o removing the lamp than you are awight. just tap into the power and find a ground. Im glad some of yall like that 36dbldz bootleg hookup. Mad cheap but looks mad tight yo. Holla.

Like I said the other link has brighter LEDS but i dont know how it would work.

I bet some of yall out there can hook it up.

Remember where yall saw it 1st tho.........

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anyone else install these? If you have a newer year post how you wired it up for the others that want to try it out. Post some pics too. When i get home ill try to take a pic of how i did mine.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
860 Posts
36dbldz said:
anyone else install these? If you have a newer year post how you wired it up for the others that want to try it out. Post some pics too. When i get home ill try to take a pic of how i did mine.
Mine shipped on the 8th by post from HGK, should be here in a week.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i love it, the cheapest mod ever that i have done on my range.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts