RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, just bought a 2001 Vouge with 210 000 km om it. Everything seems to work including all electronics :).

After I have been reading horror stories about battery drain, I am now wondering, as I am about to leave the car at the airport for two weeks, which lock method you would recommend. I will have a jumpstarter for the battery with me in the trunk. Would you recommend lock it "manually" with key, lock it once with FOB, or is OK to use the Superlock funktion?

/many thanks!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
139 Posts
I have had my rover left for a month locked when I was back to europe. When I turned key it started like a champ instantly..It was locked as usual, with remote.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,225 Posts
If you are worried about leaving it and RF problems, then I personally would just lock it with the key manually.

The other thing you can do is disconnect the power to the RF receiver in the boot and then lock it manually with the key... then you know it's not going to get woken up... if you come back to a flat battery, then there's something else draining it!

I've got the updated RF receiver on mine and often leave it for weeks at a time whilst I'm away, and never had any problems with it starting up when I get back.

Marty

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If the BECM goes asleep and is not woken up by by a spurious 433 MHz radio signal there will not be a problem.
To reduce the range of the receiver to about 1m, you can pull the blue aerial wire off.

I would not superlock it. If there is a problem with the lock mechanism, or the car battery is flat, you will not be able to get into it. Nobody steals a p38 these days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much!
Lock with key it is. I will look into the wiring regarding the reciever. This forum is great.

Another question that has risen, I am thinking of blasting underneath the car as it has a fair amount of rust there. Next step would be to make it rustproof with chemicals. The cost would be about half what I paid for the car :shock: considering the milage would you have done it to your cars? Otherwise it looks and runs good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts