RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RRS 2012 Lux with the Arabica interior (seats). I am pretty much the only person that rides in the car so the only seat with entry and exit wear and tear is the driver's seat. After three years and 30,000 miles the drivers seat has uniformly worn to give off a bit of a shine compared to the matte finish on the passenger seat as well as the back seats. I prefer the matte look. Is there a way to remove the shine? Leather care to date has been limited to wiping the entire interior down with a damp cloth. Care is always garaged at night and covered parking during the day. I have been very impressed with every other aspect of the car except now I have a driver's side leather seat that kinda glows.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have a RRS 2012 Lux with the Arabica interior (seats). I am pretty much the only person that rides in the car so the only seat with entry and exit wear and tear is the driver's seat. After three years and 30,000 miles the drivers seat has uniformly worn to give off a bit of a shine compared to the matte finish on the passenger seat as well as the back seats. I prefer the matte look. Is there a way to remove the shine? Leather care to date has been limited to wiping the entire interior down with a damp cloth. Care is always garaged at night and covered parking during the day. I have been very impressed with every other aspect of the car except now I have a driver's side leather seat that kinda glows.
Buy Gliptone. The stuff brings it right back to matte. I got the shine out of my seats and my steering wheel in no time. Takes a little bit of elbow grease, but the results speak for themselves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts