Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - This might sound an odd request but I am wanting to replace the plastic glovebox and underside steering wheel trim piece with the leather ones. I am certain I have seen the leather ones with boot stitching across the top of the glovebox and also around the top of the underside steering wheel trim - to match the boot stitching on the leather door handles. They also didn't have the dimple/pebbly finish - if that makes sense - rather a smooth and obviously leather finish.

However, the leather ones I see on ebay have no such boot stitching. I ask because I bought some recently on ebay without asking the question first, they are supposedly off an Autobiography but they have only a thin wrap of what I think is leather but they don't look much different from the plastic ones in my 4.6 HSE - the 'leather' has the same dimpled finish.

Can anyone hemp me with what models had the 'plain' leather with the boot stitching that I am pretty suer I recollect seeing in photos and in the flesh.

I can't find any photos but I'll keep looking.

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly it - thanks Larry.

I thought that came standard on the autobiography too. Can anyone out there in Autobiography land confirm or deny?

I agree that I think a decent trimmer is the way to go.

Thanks

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
i've not seen them outside that Holland & Holland and the Linley has them too, many Autobiography parts come up on ebay, i can't recall ever seeing one either as a part or shown in the interior of an Autobiography, but i guess there could be exceptions

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks Larry.

Are you able to send me a copy of the photo please so that I can show the trimmer, thanks.

I have seen this leather finish before and I have never seen a Holland and Holland. May be it was a Vogue. Anyway, I'll go the trimmer route. Thanks again.

Regards

Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.