RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

First post! Hope I'm getting this in the right place. Do let me know if I'm not - I'll be happy to move the topic!

I've done some research in the past few weeks, and it looks like I can afford a RR Evoque lease. I'm mostly looking at the Pure (this is the base model, correct?), but I had a few questions and I can't seem to find answers on them anywhere else. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

1. Some of the car reviews of the Evoque are sporting MPG numbers of 68+. Is that the diesel model that's only available in the UK?

2. For lease deals, it seems like there's a huge amount of variance. I don't drive too much (I commute, but very low miles), so a 7.5k yearly mileage lease is definitely enough for me. I see that a dealership in NJ is offering a 2016 Evoque for $259/mo [36mo] with a $2,995 cap cost reduction and $0 down, plus fees I assume. This seems insanely cheap. At my local dealership (which would be Land Rover of Alexandria), they're offering 7.5k miles, $3,999 down and a $0 security deposit for $339.99/mo for 39 months. As you can see, it seems that the NJ dealership is much, much cheaper. MSRPs on both of these are practically the same - around $47k. If getting a good lease deal requires driving to NJ, I really don't care if it's going to save a lot of money, but I just wanted to know if things like this are common - should I expect to look for dealerships around surrounding states?

3. I see with these leases, I'm charged $795 for a "delivery fee". Does that mean I have the ability to customize a RR, just for my lease? For me, all I'd really want to choose is colors, and keep it totally stock. This seems like the best monetary value, since residual values seem to be highest with lower options, at least in lower-end Evoques, but do let me know if that's not the case.

4. Does anyone have residual value information on a stock 2016 Evoque (no extra options) and a money factor? Couldn't seem to find any data on the 2016.

A few quick questions about the Evoque itself (non-lease related)--

5. How's the sound system in the Evoque? Does it feature a USB / Aux input by default?

6. I noticed the Evoque wasn't tested officially for safety. Would you say it's a safe car? For reference, I'm currently driving a MINI Cooper, so I'd assume it's at least as safe as a MINI.

Thanks so much for your help! :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Finnsee,

I hope I can help a little. I'll try to answer some of your questions....

1. I think the MPG numbers you are referring to are for a diesel engine and calculated using Imperial (English) MPG....or it's km/100L?
2. Wow...the NJ dealer seems to have a steal of a deal for an Evoque. One can't really argue with $259/mo.
3. I think the $795 fee is more of a "destination charge". I do not think you will be able to customize color or anything...As with purchasing or leasing any automobile...You will get the best deal on something they already have in stock and need to move versus special ordering.
4. Look on Cars.com in their Finance section. They have a loan v. lease calculator that will give you the money factor and depriciation.
5. Sound system is good in my 2015 Evoque. It is the upgraded Meridian System....Obviously not as good as my full-sized Range Rover but it's better than adequate. Yes it has USB and AUX as well as bluetooth capability for music.
6. Check EuroNCAP for crash test and safety info.

Also, for whatever it's worth....I would REALLY recommend getting the large glass roof on your Evoque even if it doesn't have any other options. The glass roof is one of (if not) the best feature in my opinion.

Good luck!
Duncan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Duncan,

Thanks so much for the help!

I think that NJ dealer ... well, they didn't list the down payment. They listed a $2,995 cap cost reduction, but I'm starting to think that they may have the same down payment as my local dealer, and then are just adding on a $2,995 cap cost on top of that, which would indeed allow for payments in the $259 range. That being said, I will definitely contact them once I get to contacting dealers.

I definitely do want the glass roof and a Meridian system! I think those are the only two options I truly care about - I have a MINI with dual sunroofs, which is almost the same as the full glass roof, and it looks amazing!

I'll go ahead and check cars.com for information on the lease values.

EuroNCAP gives good safety info from a 2012 model. I guess that should prove good enough for now :)

Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
FYI, unlike the Mini the Evoque's glass roof doesn't open...:think:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts