RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals!

Thinking about my 2nd Sport and noticing a pretty big discrepancy amongst range rovers calculator and what I’m hearing at dealerships.

Just curious as to what people are landing at.

I’m looking at putting 10k down and since I don’t drive too much (sadly) probably 10k annual miles for 3 years.

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Check with your bank/credit union. You can most likely get a much better deal other than at the dealer. LRNA does not have their own financing so they have paired, I think, with Chase as of lately.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Matthewjlove, I'd be very curious to know what your vehicle price is (all in) and what they are quoting you for lease payments with the 10K per year mileage. There is another thread on this with mixed opinions on JLR lease options...some saying they suck, and others saying they are in line with BMW and Mercedes options.

Any info you could provide would be helpful. My SVR is coming in early Feb and I'm trying to brace myself for this payment...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jihorn. I’m thinking it’ll be worth it. But yeah, that’s gotta be up there. Mine is only an Autobiography and it’s way more than I’d ever thought I’d even contemplate.

But it makes me smile every time I look at her. Open the door. Start the engine and hear the exhaust. Start driving. Hear the exhaust when I step on it....

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
JLR out sources all their leases with Chase in the USA. I recently negotiated 2 of them, one for me and one for my wife, on 2018 Velars. PM if you want me to look over your deal. I can look up the residuals and MF buy rates. I personally would not put down 10k on any lease, but that's up to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also, this will completely vary based on MSRP. My 2 cents, you'll probably be in the mid 7's on a fairly base vehicle (sub 70k) with 3k total out of pocket. Keep it fairly base in spec and I have a feeling you'll have some equity by the end of the lease.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here are the Lease quotes I got on a 2018 Dynamic with an $83,000 price.

FYI - The reason you should consider keeping the downpayment small is if the car gets totaled you eat the downpayment.

With $5000 drive off,
36 months is $1338
48 months is $ 1291
60 months is $1188

With $10,000 drive off,
48 months is $1177
60 months is $1095

Also, Land Rover do not Bank their own sales or Leases so that is why their Lease rates are higher than Mercedes or BMW. They go through Banks. I do know that they work with US Bank (did my current RRS Lease with them) and they are slightly less money (than quoted above)

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
413 Posts
Safe to assume your numbers were tailored correct? i.e. based on certain credit score and income?

·
Registered
9 Posts
directed by: On point with your analysis of the Down PMT.

Secondly, JLR financial is a branch of Chase Bank. I personally like JLR financial because they allow you to terminate the lease and collect the equity (They don't allow you to transfer the lease though). Read your US Bank paperwork, I'm somewhat sure they don't allow you to terminate the lease early; any equity is theirs.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
413 Posts
How many miles will it have on the dash comes February?

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
You must be in a better market than I am. Or, perhaps $40k - $45k is private party sale.

I tried to trade mine in December for a 2017 and was quoted $50k by 2 dealers. My 2016 RRS Diesel with 27k miles and MSRP of $84k+

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
That's what I will do when I am ready to get the 2018. The funny thing is that the dealer that I bought my RRS told me the low trade-in was also due to the color (Aintree Green). He was up-selling this color when I was ordering/buying it :wink:

I see that you have the same color RRS.... I love this color.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts