RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visually noticed that my 13RRS looked to be leaning toward the passenger side when parked on a flat surface (my garage for example).

I had it into the dealer for some brake work and mentioned it to them. When I picked it up the SM said there was no issue with the lean and RRS purposely has a slight lean to account for driver weight. What? That's really all I could say about it.

This is my 3rd RRS and I don't recall this being normal on the others but maybe I'm wrong and they all lean.

I just measured it while parked in my garage. Center of the fender is half an inch lower on the pass side vs the drivers side.

The line the SM gave me is BS right? They've always been good to me even just replacing my brakes at n/c @24k miles because of a complaint I had. Because they've never given me grief about anything I've asked of them in the 5 or so years I've been dealing with them, it baffles me a bit about the lean being normal and makes me second guess how much *****ing I should do.

What do you all think? Not normal or normal?

Thx!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
283 Posts
I cannot imagine this is normal. Isn't the whole purpose of having a self leveling suspension so that it measures the level while in operation and corrects any variance? Seems fishy to me.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
20 Posts
In the old LR RR days leaning was normal,to compensate for the drivers weight.Have someone sit in the drivers seat and look at it then.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
In the old LR RR days leaning was normal,to compensate for the drivers weight.Have someone sit in the drivers seat and look at it then.
Leaning has never been "normal" with EAS beginning in 1993...1992 depending on market. Older classics had "handed" springs that were ever so slightly higher on the driver's side but that rarely lasted more than a few years as the coils began to sag.

Within reason your rig should be level at all times regardless of load. There may be slight variance when loading etc. Front al ways lowers first and back always raises first to make sure headlights don't blind everyone... but you should be level at all times.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,014 Posts
If this occurs all the time and you are parked on a flat, level surface, that's not normal and your EAS need recalibration and/or new height sensor(s) if recalibration still results in a leaning car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Sounds like I will need to take it in and be a bit more forceful about them addressing it. Maybe the SM was just having an off day this last time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts