RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new to me 06 is going back in for the leaking sunroof for the second time, this time though I had nav issues and air suspension faults after it got the dash all wet...
So do I have any leg to stand on if I demand all new electronics ?? such as the nav screen and stereo head unit ??? I dont know why the suspension faulted but it was fine after a restart...

I love my Orange Rover but it is starting to make me nervous that I got a lemon with 40000 miles on it... good thing she is certified and has a 12/12 but in the first month this is the 3rd time in.

Gregg

·
Registered
36 Posts
hello,
I definitely feel your frustration. I have had my 06 rrs for about 6 months and have taken it to the dealer 3 times for this issue. after the last time he said the drain tubes wrer kinked and he fixed them. I took it thru the carwash the next day and I still see wet spot appearing above the windshield on the pass. side. :x Does anyone know if the whole drainage system ( if there is such a thing) could be replaced to cure this problem or any other thing?

any suggestions are appreciated............( hope umbertob reads this ) :pray:

lol...........just remembered someone's respond to my previous post ( I think it was frisco) that our trucks have superior off-road capabilities if we are worried about these problems or jiggly headlights we should look at BMW or benz or lexus .........I am still loling......... 8~

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
The drainage system on most sunroofs is four tubes roughly 1/2" diameter. Pull your A nd D pillar trims, make sure everything is clear. At the bottom of each drain is a one way vent/valve/outlet. Cut it off so it doesn't clog/clog again. A couple times a year pour hot bleach water down your drains. This cleans and clears your drains as well as killing any fuzzy slime that may have started. Lastly, make sure your glass panel is PROPERLY adjusted. It should not be level with the roof, but very slightly raised. This prevents pooling on the glass and promotes the roof to accept runoff, not your drains.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thankyou rrtoad for your quick response.

I would think that the dealer would know about this trick and actually would do it after the 3rd time ............ :think: why didnt he??????

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Because he can't charge for something that is not on the books as an accepted proceedure or parts replacement. :roll:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey rrtoad , how long are these drain tubes?

I guess I got ta get down and dirty to get rid of this problem...............almost all my previous cars have had a sunroof or had a convertible top . Never had this problem with sunroof before. Never expected to have such a problem with a RANGE ROVER..........

thanks again rrtoad

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I left the car at the dealer today... The service manager swore to me that the roof will never leak again when I get it back !! I will let you know how I make out. And yes I made a stink loud enough to get the atention of the service manager, but not loud enough to appear like a ravng lunatic..some mght even say "deranged" The 14 month old boy has taught me patience as I get older.Some how though this is the 3rd repair at this dealership for me in a year that has bounced.I told her that statisticly they weren't doing a very good job.She also agreed and promised to deliver my car back to me when its finished.I will keep you all posted as soon as I get her back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the file I have read that and adressed it with them, mine is an early 06 it was delivered in 05, they agreed to check into the service buliton. In the mean time they called today to tell me that there was some kind of dryer on the air suspension that was causing my suspension fault to come in and out.They are not sure that they will have the leaking sunroof resolved by tomorrow, I dont understand how they can be so slow...
the saga continues...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The dryer is a very important component of our suspensions' air compressor (the desiccants inside its chamber dry the compressed air before it reaches the pressurized reservoir and air suspensions) as it prevents damaging moisture from being introduced inside the EAS system. Fortunately for you - for all of us with older out-of-warranty cars - the dryer unit is serviceable by itself and should not require replacement of the entire compressor if it fails. Let us know how much they charge you for that, kind of curious myself...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've had my '06 for a bunch of different things. I've had it towed in twice, suspension faults which turned out the be a sensor, the air dryer adn something else I can't remember and a hole in the air tank. I also had the secondary waterpump for the supercharge wired backward as well. I like having my CPO to fall back on. I did have a leaking sunroof as well. Turned out that the sunroof had gone out of sequence and wasn't closing all the way. I did have to go to LRUSA to get them to clean the stain it left on the headline. It just took them reprogramming the roof. Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fortunately for me I just bought this truck in July so the dryer is under warranty, there is a 100.00 detuctable but the truck has been back every other week since I got it and they havent charged me it yet.I definately am going to buy an extended as soon as I can.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the dealer has confirmed the leak !(good thing I thought it was me...) and now has to drop the headliner ! They wont have my truck done for the weekend, and will touch base with me on Monday.Next topic will be how to clean the headliner...wait that one already exists.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
If they got it dirty, let them clean it. They make a mess of it, they get to replace it. Be a HUGE PIA when it come to dealer clean up. Most of my cars are always anal/showroom clean. When someone else makes a mudge bigger than a handie wipe they get to clean it up. My 300 had not 1, not 2 but 3 headliners replced by the same dealer due to grubbie grease monkies replacing GPS and Sirius units. The moment you try to clean it yourslef they can claim you caused the issue and deny a service claim.

·
Registered
36 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
If they got it dirty, let them clean it. They make a mess of it, they get to replace it. Be a HUGE PIA when it come to dealer clean up. Most of my cars are always anal/showroom clean. When someone else makes a mudge bigger than a handie wipe they get to clean it up. My 300 had not 1, not 2 but 3 headliners replced by the same dealer due to grubbie grease monkies replacing GPS and Sirius units. The moment you try to clean it yourslef they can claim you caused the issue and deny a service claim.
Excellent point rrtoad :thumb: my kind of consumer.............he is right dont try to be a hero and clean someone else's mess. Let them make it right for you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't let them tell you that they can't or won't. When I had the leak in mine the dealer told me that I would have to go to a detail shop and have them do it. Didn't quite agree with that. Since I had a bunch of other issues and I was already talking to LRUSA I mentioned it to them. The next thing I know is they had a detail guy at the dealer clean it. It was a festevas mirracle. Can't even tell. Stick to your guns. You didn't cause the issue make them do their job.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the dealer just called . Its been almost a week, they have replaced the entire sunroof assembly . I am waiting to hear back if it will be completed today.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,469 Posts
This is not Facebook or Twitter, we don't need a daily update on the slow progress of the dealership...just give us a before and after and if it fixed the problem.

`)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can twitt if I want too... Twit ! :lol:

In any event, I have my baby back, the headliner is clean for those waiting on edge, and if Earl hits us here on Long Island this friday I will know if the fix is good or not.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts