Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day,
I noticed some coolant on the carpet again. Very disappointing as they were only replace about 12 months ago after a gas install. I used the Cut Duct method to gain access to the o-rings and when i removed them one was deformed. So i replaced both and a new SS cap screw. Drove around for a couple of weeks. All good. Then more coolant on the carpet :cry: After some looking the coolant seems to be coming from behind the screw not the O-rings.
I think I will be up for a new matrix. On a RHD car does the heater box need to be removed or has anyone devised a way to replace it in place?
I am about 4 weeks away from leaving for a 10,000km trip to Darwin and the simpson desert so maybe its best to bypass the heater until i get back and can deal with it.
Thanks for all the posts in this forum. The first time the O-rings were replaced it cost me $450 by the local Indy as he installed the gas. The second time $4.50 for the O-rings and some help from this forum.

Regards
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
p38arover said:
It's possible you've cracked the heater core when you tightened up the allen head cap screws. It is imperative you do not over tighten them.

I've seen two cracked in the same place (one being mine). You'll see the crack is in the same position as your leak. That small hole to the right of the crack in my pic is the clamp bolt hole.
Thanks for the reply guys.
I have backed the screw off a little and the flow has stopped to a very small drop.
Ron did you replace the heater matrix or use some stop leak. I have heard radiator stop leak has mix results. I am thinking of bypassing the heater in the engine bay and dealing with the leak when I get back from Darwin.
I have been quoted $1750 - $2200 to replace the matrix. I am undecided if I should pay the money or tackle the job myself.
Regards
Andrew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.