RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Dont see anything abnormal there.

You got your answer in the other thread.

If you are not going to listen to the brains trust on this forum and ignore their input then why bother posting.

You said you had water dripping from around the tranmission. It is clear. If the coolant was leaking then the pool on the floor then it would be orange and it would be dripping all the time (maybe more with engine running) - you have clear fluid dripping only when the A/C is operating, as everyone else has said this is condensation from the A/C process nothing more.

Garry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are wright it is coolant, and it is not clear, but only leaks when is running and with the AC on and is not condensation becuase if I drive the car it will drain the coolant and I have to add more..and I'm not Ignoring any body. please help . Thank you..

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
So it is no longer clear? If it changed colour and still only drips when the AC is on I am completely stumped. The "only when AC it on" bit has all of us confused I think. AC has absolutely nothing to do with coolant circulation. The AC is a sealed system and in no way interacts with the engine coolant at any point.

Your green photo in the pdf has no point of reference so really can't tell what you are pointing at. If you are needing to add coolant you do indeed have a coolant leak then. However as stated above it would be leaking at all times, NOT just when the AC is compressor is operating.

You still have no Rover info in your signature so we don't don;t know if you have an SC or an NA. they have different coolant routings and possible sources of leaks. Please add your model year and trim level to your signature as noted in the guidelines so we can find the proper cooling diagram to maybe assist you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have a cooling diagram for a 2008 Ranger Rovers HSE Sport, with 4.4 engine?...to follow the lines and see if I can spot the colant leak..Thank you..

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I believe all coolant hoses are in front of the engine except for the heater lines which are just off center to the passenger side in the firewall. Most coolant leaks on the 4.4 happen at the plastic thermostat housing and I think there is one other plastic fitting on the front of the engine. With that being said I will bet $$$ the bleed valve on top of the engine under the plastic cover is bad and coolant is running to the back of the engine. Replace it with a 3/8" brass barbed coupler from Lowe's or HD. Then again it may not be the bleed valve... when they fail they are catastrophic. Whatever you do replace the bleed valve.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RRToadHall....I found the leak it was the termostast housing assembly....so I took the chalenge and went to the dealer and bought a newone and changed, took me about 3 hours to changet it...but thank you I also change the coolant expansion because I have the 'low coolsnt' light everytime I started the car...Thank again for the Information.

A.C.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Good job. Now replace the bleed valve under the engine cover it you have not done so yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts