RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

After a 300 km run with a big trailer, my P38 has started leaking from the radiator. I suspect it during the trip, because the engine was overheating quite badly, and I had to stop multiple times to allow it to cool. When the car has been parked overnight, there is a big puddle of coolant right under the radiator. I have looked underneath, and there was a red plastic screw-cap that had become loose, so I tightened it up. I saw a leak from the inlet to the radiator as well, and tightened the clip around the hose. At first I thought it solved it, but I can now see that it didn't. Are there any obvious places to look for leaks?

Another thing: Last night we had a heavy thunderstorm and rain and the rain have come in somewhere and set off the horn. I turned the key to Pos I and it stopped. Back to Pos 0 and it started again. Tried to start the car and turn off again and the horn started again. It is not the alarm, only the horn sounding constantly. I had to disconnect the battery to stop it for the night. Reconnected the battery this morning and the sound was gone, and the horn functioned normally.

I know there is a leak somewhere behind the top of the LH A-pillar as the interior trim panel was noticably wet, and the headlining was damp on the LH side of the internal mirror. There were some water droplets dripping off the steering column when I got into the car, and I suspect the source is the leak form the A-pillar: The water must have travelled along the headlining and dripped onto the steering wheel and shorted a connector somewhere. Does this sound reasonable to you? Are there anything obvious above the A-pillar that I should check for leaks?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, so the radiator seems to have stopped leaking after I tightened up the red cap even more, and the horn issues have also stopped. Better fix that leak in the roof.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts