RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in the car this morning and noticed a small pool of ATF under the right side front wheel, took a quick look underneath and it seems to coming from the steering box or connected pipework, topped up the power steering bottle and drove to work, just checked again now and a small puddle is forming again under the car.
Are there any seals that can be replaced on the steering box or is there a rebuild kit that can be bought?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had a closer look at it, it seems to be leaking at the bottom of the box where the short arm attaches , there must be a seal on that joint but I wonder if it's available from LR?

·
Registered
640 Posts
If you are talking of where the Drop Arm fit's to the Spline on the Rocker Shaft there is a Seal listed which appears to be retained by a circlip.
The Part No. is STC3575 but it is only listed up to Vin No.VA375483 would not know for sure if this is the seal you need, or it fits later vehicles.

Don't know if this is of any help at all, the price of the seal is around £7.50.

Cheers

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stopped off this evening and bottle of ATF to keep in the boot, sits alongside the bottle of coolant......just incase.

Cheers Col I'll look that part number up and see if I can get hold of it, mines an early P38 so if it's listed up to that VIn I should be ok, cheaper than a second hand steering box certainly......a new one is £600 exchange, stroll on!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's great cheers, I'll try just for the bottom seal first if that's a no go I'll order the full kit......this forum rocks :dance:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts