RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of changing my front differential oil I noticed a leak - green fluid on the bottom of the AC Compressor at the case-joint - photos attached, I won't offer up any conjecture but will let the experts offer up their opinions. Note that my coolant is the RED Land Rover coolant. Thanks in advance.

IMG_7250.jpg IMG_7248.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sowr, that's r134 refrigerant oil with green dye in it,you have a line or joint seeping a/c refrigerant.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - that's what I figured.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
Agree and will add that the dye was added either to top off the system and the can used to recharge it happened to have the dye in the can or it was intentional because they could not find the leak. Either way trace the dye back to its source and replace the offending O-rings and you will be good to go. You will want to evacuate the system and hold the vacuum for as long as you can to help pull out any moisture before recharging. This is very important.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had the vehicle about 7 months - in that time the temps have been cool and I haven't used the system much, in the last week it's warmed up and the AC has been on continuously - hence I believe this situation. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts