RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I did the soapy water test and the passenger side front air spring is leaking at the top of the collet. The bags on both fronts show no sign of air leaks....I had the collet leak on my 98 and could not fix it. Is this a common weak area....1st spring to go out on both my RR were the front passenger air spring.

Can anyone recommend a fix? can I seal it with some silicone...just thinking out loud.

Another day stuck when I wanted to drive my 99....have to jump in my other car now.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Normally a good clean and new o-ring should do the trip to be extra sure as Keith said slice a bit off the end of the pipe above the score marks and everything should be 100%

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys, I am planning to do it this weekend. Fingers crossed and hope that does it for now....we'll see...hopefully that's the only leak.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
If all else fails replace the top ! That's what I had to do..

·
Registered
965 Posts
As mentioned earlier, cutting the tip of the airline clean, new orings, and possibly, maybe a new collet should do the job. Jab a little vaseline on the tip of the airline, but I don't think silicone is a good idea.

As for airline cutting, if you go to places like Grainger, you can get a nice cutter by makers such as Parker Hannifin. The one I have looks so nice, it can be used as a cigar cutter-well, almost.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys! One problem solved. Did as Theo suggested, took the air line out and snipped off another piece of the air line and put a dab of Vaseline on the tip and slid it right in and this time around no huge hissing noises and did the soapy water test and NO air bubbles. RR is now standing tall again.

Now have to figure out what type of material I will use to connect the two female hoses to bypass the throttle body heater plate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts