RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

My LCD speedo screen showed missing pixels. After mounting a new strip (bought at AK Speedo) I still have an issue with the LCD screen: sometimes all pixel without a problem/fault but usually just 4 empty screens (with backlightning).

This is a moment where the screen works perfect:

Since this picture I have only seen a blank screen...

Anybody with similar experience and/or a solution?

KR, Roel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hope someone can help me.

Another question: can de GAP IID BT Tool be used to see the mileage the car has on it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,194 Posts
Can't help with the BT question since I don't have one, but does your LCD screen have a lamp behind it on the instrument panel, my old Audi A4's have a digital display similar to these but theres also a tiny dash lamp behind it, and you can't see the LCD numbers unless that little bulb works. Its just one of many weird things in the old Audis.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I’m not sure if the lamp behind the display is there (and maybe broken) but I will take a look.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
134 Posts
So, it's not that the backlight, it's the pixels that just aren't there? I'm just spit-balling here, but are you absolutely sure you have a good connection, that it was installed correctly?

I'm not familiar with these on Land Rovers or the repair kit you used. So take this with a grain of salt. My only bad experience with this kind of display is on older BMWs where the pixels will fail randomly until the reading is unreadable.

But if it's an intermittent ALL or NOTHING. That sounds like a loose connection, or a faulty connector or panel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the screen out again and checked the LCD connection strap. All seemed fine but unfortunately the screen still shows nothing. Pressing, putting light pressure on it doesn’t change this. Strange.

Question:
If I mount a complete set (including gauges, etc) from another RR, will my odo / mileage be shown? Is the mileage stored in an ECU or in the cockpit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this very same problem, but the info in the screens come back when the car gets warm it seems.
Have you tried driving it for a longer run, say 20-30 minutes, maybe longer. Does the display show then?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My screen comes back when it is cold in the morning. When the car warms up, the digits dissapear and don’t come back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I should mention that I too had the lcd and strip replaced because of missing pixels, but it worked fine some time after that.
I think I got this issue after using the Hawkeye tool to reset the oil service.
I read another post on Landyzone where this other guy also had a blank lcd after resetting oil service, but it came back after he did another reset. Not so with mine...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts