Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· SUPER MODERATOR
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks behind but still valid – the latest items that might affect your 2023 Range Rover order:

Highly Constrained Options – delaying/not getting build date:

Pixel LED Headlights with Signature DRL

Feature code: 064QW

SV Signature Suite with Veneer/Leather table
Feature Code: 017HN, 017HP

SV Serenity & Intrepid Exterior Accents
Feature Code: 032MZ, 032PX

23″ Wheels – Style 1075 & 1079
Feature Codes 031ZF, 031WB

SV only 23″ Wheels – Style 1077 Drk Gry
Feature Code: 031ZS

Even Higher Constrained Options – No Availability in January/Unslotting-No Build Date Given

Natural Black Birch Veneer
No availability in January
Feature Code: 088UX

Natural Brown Walnut with Inlay
Feature Code: 088TW

Caraway and Perlino Interior Trim
Highly constrained – Orders unslotting or not receiving build dates
Feature Code: 301MY / MZ / RC / RD

And lastly, some items that just aren’t fully orderable as this time:

Advance Off-Road Capability Pack, 074PM

Cabin Air Purification System, 022GF/GH

24-way heated and cooled, hot stone massage electric front seats with Executive Class Comfort/ Comfort Plus rear seats, 401AR/AS

Convenience Pack, 017FI

Activity Key, 066CA

Tailgate Event Suite, 079EK/ 079EL

Icy White, 1FG/1FH – SV Only

ALL SV Paints – SV Only

Ostuni White, 1EJ

Reduced Section Alloy Spare Wheel, 029VT

And of course the Meridian Signature Sound System – downgrades still persist.

· Registered
744 Posts
My car's build sheet has the below options on it - I'm reading it right now. Last week I asked the dealer if we were still good to go. I got an updated build showing it was being built in January for delivery in March. Here is her email to me

Retailer3/31/23
On Truck To Retailer
In Market Distribution
On Ship
Build Market Distribution
Built1/20/23

Committed To Build12/7/22
Last Date for Spec Change12/5/22
Submitted To Build12/6/22
Confirmed10/5/22
Created2/5/22

Pixel LED Headlights with Signature DRL (On my build sheet currently and still slotted per the dealer last week)
Feature code: 064QW

Caraway Trim (On my build sheet currently and still slotted per the dealer last week)
Highly constrained – Orders unslotting or not receiving build dates
Feature Code: 301RC

23″ Wheels – Style 1075 & 1079 (On my build sheet currently and still slotted per the dealer last week)
Feature Codes 031WB

ALL SV Paints – SV Only (Though here the exception was being made for my build so we shall see)

Natural Brown Walnut with Inlay (On my build sheet currently and still slotted per the dealer last week)

Feature Code: 088TW

Attachments

· Registered
744 Posts
Refrigerated cooler is also now removed from the configurator.
May be apart of a package which is standard on the Autobiography / SV.
Though at this point - I don't know. If they ran out of the part and can't get more - it doesn't matter if a package includes it - they can't put it on. AKA the 23" :wheels as specified above. If out of stock - how can they put it on any vehicle.

· Registered
9 Posts
May be apart of a package which is standard on the Autobiography / SV.
Though at this point - I don't know. If they ran out of the part and can't get more - it doesn't matter if a package includes it - they can't put it on. AKA the 23" :wheels as specified above. If out of stock - how can they put it on any vehicle.
Great point. One would assume if you’ve been assigned dates, they’ve already confirmed they have all parts for your specific build. Yet a few of us here are sitting at Order Built but seemingly still impacted by constrained parts. Confusing to say the least

· Registered
744 Posts
Great point. One would assume if you’ve been assigned dates, they’ve already confirmed they have all parts for your specific build. Yet a few of us here are sitting at Order Built but seemingly still impacted by constrained parts. Confusing to say the least
At this point I don't think we can take those dealer updates seriously. Until the car is in your hands - I wouldn't trust anything they say.
Mine was supposedly with a build date of 12/20 - now moved to January 20 or something like that. Then I see this bulletin saying all January builds with any of these components that are now constrained will be unslotted. At that moment - the dealers should be calling their customers who they notified had a January build date and let them know "Im so sorry but you will be unslotted - I can't do anything about it - I know you're upset but we can't do anything until the parts are in" and leave it to the customer to say "i'll wait" or "I just can't wait because I don't have another vehicle to drive and I depended on the date you gave me".

I still don't understand - if they aren't building LWB at the moment - why I am even being considered. I am absolutely nobody to JLRNA. My buddy also has a build in at the same dealership for LWB ATB and his SA told him the same thing - January build with Feb pick up (whereas mine is now 3/31 pickup). I wonder if they are just giving dates to shut people up. Easy to just keep delaying and delaying than giving someone the bad news that it's actually likely never going to come. It's quite possible - they just have no inventory of parts and they're NOT going to build. How they ran out of leather in brown and perlino is pretty stunning though. It literally means their leather tannery won't ship them any new stock. There's only one reason they wouldn't ship - and that's because invoices are building up. ALL OTHER CAR MANUFACTURERS have no issue getting leather. If that's really the case - it can be applied to why they can't get Signature sound (nothing to do with chips anymore) and all the wheels... (which should not be an issue whatsoever since it's just a casted product - slide the metal in - and stamp it.

It's very unfair that they don't give us, the customer, some sort of fair position to be in.

Buying a car shouldn't be like this.

· Registered
2023 Range Rover ATB; 2019 Range Rover Sport ATB
362 Posts
This is just so much past a supply chain shortage for some chip. This is a flat out t
At this point I don't think we can take those dealer updates seriously. Until the car is in your hands - I wouldn't trust anything they say.
Mine was supposedly with a build date of 12/20 - now moved to January 20 or something like that. Then I see this bulletin saying all January builds with any of these components that are now constrained will be unslotted. At that moment - the dealers should be calling their customers who they notified had a January build date and let them know "Im so sorry but you will be unslotted - I can't do anything about it - I know you're upset but we can't do anything until the parts are in" and leave it to the customer to say "i'll wait" or "I just can't wait because I don't have another vehicle to drive and I depended on the date you gave me".

I still don't understand - if they aren't building LWB at the moment - why I am even being considered. I am absolutely nobody to JLRNA. My buddy also has a build in at the same dealership for LWB ATB and his SA told him the same thing - January build with Feb pick up (whereas mine is now 3/31 pickup). I wonder if they are just giving dates to shut people up. Easy to just keep delaying and delaying than giving someone the bad news that it's actually likely never going to come. It's quite possible - they just have no inventory of parts and they're NOT going to build. How they ran out of leather in brown and perlino is pretty stunning though. It literally means their leather tannery won't ship them any new stock. There's only one reason they wouldn't ship - and that's because invoices are building up. ALL OTHER CAR MANUFACTURERS have no issue getting leather. If that's really the case - it can be applied to why they can't get Signature sound (nothing to do with chips anymore) and all the wheels... (which should not be an issue whatsoever since it's just a casted product - slide the metal in - and stamp it.

It's very unfair that they don't give us, the customer, some sort of fair position to be in.

Buying a car shouldn't be like this.
You bring up an interesting point about invoices. A lot of the stuff they’re not able to get is pretty standard. We’re talking rims and leather etc… these aren’t space chips that no one else in the world has. We’re talking spare tires and such. It might very well actually be an invoice thing. Someone really needs to get a handle on things over there. This is beyond nuts.

· Registered
744 Posts
This is just so much past a supply chain shortage for some chip. This is a flat out t
You bring up an interesting point about invoices. A lot of the stuff they’re not able to get is pretty standard. We’re talking rims and leather etc… these aren’t space chips that no one else in the world has. We’re talking spare tires and such. It might very well actually be an invoice thing. Someone really needs to get a handle on things over there. This is beyond nuts.
And there are many leather tanneries out there that would love the opportunity to take on another customer if JRL supplier can't meet their demand.

· Registered
2 Posts
At this point I don't think we can take those dealer updates seriously. Until the car is in your hands - I wouldn't trust anything they say. Mine was supposedly with a build date of 12/20 - now moved to January 20 or something like that. Then I see this bulletin saying all January builds with any of these components that are now constrained will be unslotted. At that moment - the dealers should be calling their customers who they notified had a January build date and let them know "Im so sorry but you will be unslotted - I can't do anything about it - I know you're upset but we can't do anything until the parts are in" and leave it to the customer to say "i'll wait" or "I just can't wait because I don't have another vehicle to drive and I depended on the date you gave me". I still don't understand - if they aren't building LWB at the moment - why I am even being considered. I am absolutely nobody to JLRNA. My buddy also has a build in at the same dealership for LWB ATB and his SA told him the same thing - January build with Feb pick up (whereas mine is now 3/31 pickup). I wonder if they are just giving dates to shut people up. Easy to just keep delaying and delaying than giving someone the bad news that it's actually likely never going to come. It's quite possible - they just have no inventory of parts and they're NOT going to build. How they ran out of leather in brown and perlino is pretty stunning though. It literally means their leather tannery won't ship them any new stock. There's only one reason they wouldn't ship - and that's because invoices are building up. ALL OTHER CAR MANUFACTURERS have no issue getting leather. If that's really the case - it can be applied to why they can't get Signature sound (nothing to do with chips anymore) and all the wheels... (which should not be an issue whatsoever since it's just a casted product - slide the metal in - and stamp it. It's very unfair that they don't give us, the customer, some sort of fair position to be in. Buying a car shouldn't be like this.
JLRNA authorized mechanic dealership are the Most rip off i ever experience

· Registered
744 Posts
Was thinking to place a order for a 23 Fuji White with Caraway Interior....looking like it might not even get a build date soon? Any advice would be appreciated.
Per the bulletin - no more Caraway leather (so so so weird) - I don't know if they will even confirm your order at the dealership. As I understand it - in a scenario where a non SV model tries to order an SV paint color now - they won't accept your order. I'd have to apply the same to any other constrained part (radio, leather, wood, wheel, etc etc) . They will tell you from the get go - it is a non starter and to build what they have the ability to build.

So per KCinCT post - I don't know if it's about staying in a queue. I think you have to just ask your sales manager to advise you when the constraint is lifted and give them your build now so they can put it in with no delay later. The trouble is what if another option or feature (standard or optional) enters a constrained list as Caraway becomes available. Your build is going to be kicked back again. Literally you (none of us) are told when we will get our cars - or if they will ever be allowed on the factory floor for build. Their track record means it's possible more will become constrained rather than less.

What if they don't have this leather for 2 years? What if they run out of Black leather? That would basically mean - your range has to be in that wine color interior - or NOTHING?

· Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Get a short-term Defender lease & come back here in a year. Maybe they will be able to build cars specced as you'd like, vs what they have by then.

Reactions: BradleyScott
1 - 20 of 67 Posts