Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
LOL. So the only way to get L460 is without ANY Meridian ? How is it possible ?
Good for people who already got their cars. Their resale value will be excellent until this mess is over.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is so funny, because BMW has the Bowers & Wilkins sound system options available all the time. And they don't suffer from this chip shortage? They are both British company!!!
I don't believe this bullsh*t, must be something else behind it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
F* it. If my order,. even with Meridian TM system, will be delayed - I will modify my build to include 3D system and wait till it's available. My current car has 35K miles and unlimited miles factory warranty till March 2025. No reason to worry.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I emailed dealer afterwards and was simply told to expect 2023 - nothing more than that. I was not presented with an option to take an ATB without the sound system etc. So I think we are in for the longhaul!

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
You can't just skip the sound system. Think about all the things that are tied into it now, like phone, navi, noise cancellation, etc.
I was about to give a deposit to my dealer, but now wonder if it is even worth it? I don't want a vehicle with any missing options. I guess it gets me a spot in the queue, but what is the realistic timeline at this point ... 2 years?

·
Registered
542 Posts
You can't just skip the sound system. Think about all the things that are tied into it now, like phone, navi, noise cancellation, etc.
I was about to give a deposit to my dealer, but now wonder if it is even worth it? I don't want a vehicle with any missing options. I guess it gets me a spot in the queue, but what is the realistic timeline at this point ... 2 years?
The UK website still lists 12 months for cars allegedly unaffected and "suspended" for all the others.

Thus 12 months was probably always a best case scenario - realistically 2 years for that.

ATB and V8 LWB etc that were suspended is likely 3 years. The line to order is filling with absolutely no supply. There will be thousands on the list in every country.

Truthfully now they're too late in communication. IF they tell everyone itll be 3 years - everyone's going to bolt to another brand. Who would wait 3 years at this point for an every day truck? It's not like a Pagani or limited edition Lambo.

They shouldn't have released the car in 2021/2022. They weren't ready to make it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts