RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did a few “mods”...

1) SprintBooster - for $299 you can’t go wrong. Fairly simple install; kills the lag that exists in the pedal, from pressing the pedal to actual acceleration - it doesn’t give the car more power (though it certainly feels like it!) but it will trim a little time off your off the line and passing time/feel. Used SprintBooster on 4 of my BMWs and loved it; so bought one for RR and no complaints. (Not pictured)

2) RaceChip - there was some humbug about whether or not to “chip” or “tune” my vehicle; but I did it anyway. I was recommended VelocityAP by a forum member, but only after I’d already done the “piggyback tune” that RaceChip offers. I have the 380hp engine - now, it’s sufficient, sure... and fine for most I’m sure - but it was just too lazy. I went with the RaceChip GTS Black - I gained 74hp and 66tq ~ now pushing (apparently) 454hp 398tq. It’s a comfortable point between what they give you stock in the SCV6 and SCV8. Paired with the SprintBooster - plenty of feeling of more power and torque. 80 and 100 mph come very quickly on the highway now. But, this took me about 7 hours to install. They had no instructions or photos to aid, but their support came through... however, the MAP sensor is located in a place where only those with long skinny arms (sadly like me) can reach. It’s at a terrible angle too. Huge bruise on my wrist. Happy to help anyone with install though, should be fairly quick now...! LOL

3) Metal Shift Selector - Purchased from PowerfulUK (before I realized it takes 3-4 weeks to receive your item with customs, and their prices are a little high). Had to ruin my OEM shifter (plastic) to figure out if it was the 4 or 5 peg style (4 peg on my 2017 btw), but fine as the other was so plasticy. The metal shifter came with two different tops - feels great, looks great.
ABFF76EE-1837-489C-9511-CF4585D5C721.jpeg

4) 2018 Style Grille - purchased on eBay; fairly easy install - worse part is fighting with the clips - feels and sounds like you’re breaking it but just manhandle it and you’ll be fine.
AA175105-CE2C-45A4-BB40-8E2A1402429A.jpeg

5) Black Pack Side Kit - purchased from a forum member locally - easy 10 minute install. Highly recommend for a nice 2018 look.
14C48C84-E1CF-402D-B37F-2D7844F0F63C.jpeg

6) Rear OEM Tail lights - Purchased direct from my local deal for an EXTREMELY good price... I re-wired them using the diagram from powerfuluk - easy easy - glad to help anyone who is interested in doing it. LOVE these. The lights are brighter and bigger light rings than the 2013-17; this was a safety and style upgrade IMO. Video Link here:
3F0AFD9A-4740-41C5-9CB8-1DED42DDFF83.jpeg 4078D7BC-A803-4CEE-BA0E-A93557EA06FF.jpeg 74BA2CE5-837A-431F-8CAE-30DF990F8B1D.jpeg 47F4AF7B-82A0-4C8D-8093-2F77F4690A6F.jpeg

7) Smoked Dynamic Side Indicators: ALSO purchased from PowerfulUk. Admittedly, I did “Break” both mirror caps (minor damage) in doing this and working on a fix. There’s a very narrow gap where you can stick your trim tool in, but being black cap on black trim, very hard to see (and I was rushing and too rough). Very Cool. Video link here:

8) Headrest - Coming! I did a special order for a Winged Headrest with no RSE - due in July - delayed due to Covid and JLR was shut down. Can’t wait for my noggin to be cradled in leather; the standard headrests are just too stiff for the amount that I am in the car.

9) Luxury Mats - (not pictured) - so worth it! Rubber mats in the garage for summer - Kick off the flip flops (I know driving barefoot is illegal, blah blah...) but these feel amazing under your dogs.

10) Sport Pedal Covers - (also not pictured) - bought off Amazon - so cheap, so easy to do, just a fun little upgrade.

that’s all for now - putting together a 22” wheel & tire package next.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nice little mod list there. I couldn’t do a spring booster on my v8 sc. it already is sometimes touchy and whips you back when it kicks in haha. But at over 500hp I don’t really need any more throttle feel. I do have one on my NA M5 though and love it.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I've thought about doing that grille and rear lights but I just don't care enough to take the time. I do like those though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts