RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Belltronic seems to be giving me more and more false Laser Alerts. Are there any laser devises in the RRS that might be giving me these false alerts? I get them on back roads where nothing seems to be around. The cops use K and Ka band in NJ and NY which the unit detects very well. In Pa only the Staties are allowed to use radar. Yesterday, I must have gotten 4 or 5 alerts in areas where I never had them and there wasn't anyone around and it was country roads.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,456 Posts
Interesting, similar case with my Beltronics. In some cases, it seems that either direct sunlight and/or having the receiving area of the detector pick up a little bit of the black grid on the window near the mirror has triggered a few false laser alerts as well...very intermittent though. I just adjust the detector down a few millimeters and the alert disappears.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
:think:

"However, the boat’s most unusual feature is perhaps the anti-paparazzi “shield”.

Infrared lasers detect the electronic light sensors in nearby cameras, known as charge-coupled devices. When the system detects such a device, it fires a focused beam of light at the camera, disrupting its ability to record a digital image.

The beams can also be activated manually by security guards if they spot a photographer loitering."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article6841380.ece

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
Words fail me...that's a lifestyle of pure opulence he's got going there...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I try moving it.
By the way, that is not a BOAT! That is the new Eastern European Missile Shield. They just converted some of the features to anti paparazzi.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have a Valentine One. The only time i get a false laser alert is when I aim the detector directly at the Navigation Screen.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
103 Posts
How far away from the nav screen does the v1 have to be to not false?-- as I was considering a rear centre headrest mount for my main v1 -- but would have to cut a hole in it to allow laser to work

·
Registered
131 Posts
it falses when aimed directly at the nav screen within about 1.5 ft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts