RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
This was announced last October but the stories and info kinda petered out after initial reports. It'll be interesting which right to work state actually lands this.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,500 Posts
I'm an American, and I love my country, warts and all, but an American-built RR doesn't seem quite right...I'm still dealing with the fact that Connolly leather is no more and thus not in RRs. I must be an old fart struggling with change...

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Hopefully they won't produce real ones over there, it'll be the fake Range Rovers like the Ejoke (or Freeloader 4 as it should really be called) and the new Discovery Sport. The ones that don't come with a V8........

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,990 Posts
I'm an American, and I love my country, warts and all, but an American-built RR doesn't seem quite right...I'm still dealing with the fact that Connolly leather is no more and thus not in RRs. I must be an old fart struggling with change...
When did they stop the Connolly leather? 2014 and up? Do they still use the burled walnut from the same piece of wood?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Connolly Leathers closed 12ish years ago.
I think this was largely due to the failure of their American expansion. But I think they are back in business, though not to the same level as before.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Looks like we may get the RR a little quicker.
Probably not. Not only for image, but several other reasons it's unlikely they'd build RR Sport and Range Rovers anywhere outside the UK.
They typically make volume models near target markets. The Evoque factory in China is a good example. A more likely candidate for the NC factory would be the Discovery line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts