RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Land Rover tire matrix - Current approvals (updated with 2013/14MY)

Includes approved tires for new "Ranger" Rover and "Ranger" Rover Sport models. They need to hire a spell checker in the UK.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Re: Land Rover tire matrix - Current approvals (updated with 2013/14MY)

I wish you hadn't posted this, as I noticed I have unapproved tires on mine currently.

This is going to be a very uneasy ride home tonight.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

And who's going to complain again that there are not lots of All-Terrain tire choices for these cars? According to Land Rover, they are all All-Terrain (unless they are winter.) :lol:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts

Includes approved tires for new "Ranger" Rover and "Ranger" Rover Sport models. They need to hire a spell chequer in the UK.
Is that what you meant guv'nr?

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts

Includes approved tires for new "Ranger" Rover and "Ranger" Rover Sport models. They need to hire a spell checker in the UK.
May be it was written up when still owned by Ford and the guy did it for the Ford Ranger as well .. copy paste error...

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am new to this forum so maybe a silly question, but: why should Landrover approve the tires?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
192 Posts

Has anyone had any warranty issues because of having tires that are not on the approved list? My dealer was trying to talk me out of putting slightly upsized tires on my Sport (275/45R20 vs. 275/40R20), claiming that the different tire size could screw up the transmission, traction control, etc. (which I think it garbage - as long as they're all the same size, shouldn't the only issue be the speedo being off a little?) The dealer claims the difference could lead to warranty coverage issues.

Anyway, it looks like I'm going to settle on the Nokian WR G2's, probably at the same size I have now, but since they're not on the "Approved list," will they try to pull the same warranty b.s. if I have any drivetrain issues over the next couple years while it's still under warranty?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts