RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you guys know that my 2010 RRS Supercharged that I ordered was built with some things missing that I asked for... i.e (Rear seat entertainment) black angire wood. To make up for that I asked that if some accessories could be added on free of charge. Land Rover did not hesitate to accommodate my request. So they are rebuilding me a new vehicle and I get the accessories free of charge. . i.e (Side steps, Front and rear Head lamp protectors and chrome vents.) only to wait an extra two weeks for my delivery. My question is; Is this the norm with Land Rover because sometimes I read how some dealerships are lazy and don't help especially with issues with the vehicle. This seems nothing like some of the post Ive read.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
when i had to deal with LRNA, they told me their dealerships are individually owned and there was nothing they could do at LRNA to force a dealership to do one thing or another. however, you seemed to have asked for something the dealer has complete control over. they didn't have to go hunt down another 2010 to your exact specs, but rather reach into the closet of goodies and spend some tech's time to install your accessories. it speaks well of your dealer, in general, and to your salesperson(s), in particular, for making sure you're happy with your purchase. is it the norm? can't say. i would say there are more complainers on forums. not everyone is like me with a stellar relationship with the dealer where they bough their RRS ;)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I hope you don't have kids, all the free side steps and lamp grilles in the world are not going to make up for the lack of the rear seat ent system when you take a long trip with the little rascals back there. :lol:

·
Registered
318 Posts
With access mode, and the fact that the side steps are but a few inches lower than the floor, why even get these? I always wondered and dreaded that when I finally found one I wanted it would have them. The salesman told me that mine did but when I got there they were not, evidently he looked at the options list for an '08 - that sort of fate is when I knew this was the right one for me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sounds like they are rebuilding him a new vehicle with the missing items and the accessories so he'll have sidesteps and the rear seat entertainment. ****, what a great dealership. Which one?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts
Thanks for posting. Nice to hear of a hiccup being fixed the right way. I love my 2010 RRS HSE; I can only imaginw how much you'll like/love your SC.....please post PICS when you get it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ukraine Range said:
With access mode, and the fact that the side steps are but a few inches lower than the floor, why even get these? I always wondered and dreaded that when I finally found one I wanted it would have them. The salesman told me that mine did but when I got there they were not, evidently he looked at the options list for an '08 - that sort of fate is when I knew this was the right one for me.
Totally Agree. Those side steps are total waste. If you're over 5' you will have not problem getting into this vehicle and the side steps will only get in the way by brushing up against your calfs. Additionally. they hold dirt, grime and snow so when you get int he vehicle your pants get soiled as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Lakbum; Im Stationed in Belgium and Im dealing with a Military Sales represetative right in the U.K...

@swimmingrover **** I didnt know the side steps would be such a pain.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If anything, I think the sidesteps will help reduce the creases in your leather when you get in and out. I'm 5'10" and I have to move my butt in a special way to get in my seat without creasing the leather. My passengers don't know my trick so I grimace when I see them just roll over the seat.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
If you have kids, short grandma or use the roofrack then side steps are great, if not then just extra. I have all three of the first list, so they have been quite valuable and I would not do without them.

·
Registered
322 Posts
If anything I think the sidesteps look nice and ad a bit of flare which is always fun. If you get bored of them take a sledge hammer to them haha.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
swimmingriver said:
your pants get soiled as well.
I am told there is nothing worse than this.

I have the RSE and don't even know if it works. Never turned it on. If I have someone in the back seat of my truck, it ain't gonna be for movie watchin :dance:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Drevs said:
swimmingriver said:

I have the RSE and don't even know if it works. Never turned it on. If I have someone in the back seat of my truck, it ain't gonna be for movie watchin :dance:

You never know. Certain movies in the back seat may heat things up a bit. `)

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
At Law said:
Drevs said:
swimmingriver said:

You never know. Certain movies in the back seat may heat things up a bit. `)
Drevs, If that's the case I can loan you my copy of "Dental Dynamos 2: Insurance Always Denies These Services"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts