Range Rovers Forum banner

Land Rover Experience - Biltmore in Asheville 4/2019

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  RRToadHall 
#1 ·
Have been wanting to do the LR Experience for years and finally scheduled the full day adventure this weekend. Chose to go with the L405 and drove a 2019 HSE Td6 around. They have basically the full range available and you can request which vehicle you prefer when you book. While I didn't drive the L494, the one they have has the V8. They also have a beautiful 1997 Defender 90 they use for the Heritage program.

On a side note LR provides them with new vehicles each year. The outgoing models go to auction. The sticker on our vehicle was $96k, and it had about 2200 miles. It was completely stock including the standard 20" rims and tires.

I had zero off-road experience going into the day. Aaron was my guide, and he was great with his instruction and knowledge of the vehicle and course. He's highly recommended should you book at Biltmore.

The first part of the day was basically what I considered the bunny slope in retrospect. Learning when to stay in drive and when to stick to first gear (S1) as well as learning how to read the terrain and look for what lines to use. The afternoon was really quite tricky, lots of cross-axle humps, rock crawling, driving through some stretches of water (nothing too deep or long), and traversing various grades.

Even after driving all day we didn't tackle all the courses available, in fact a few were blocked by downed trees from an overnight storm. I'll likely do it again in the future.

They have four owner's days each year. It's very tempting to take mine at some point, although I'd need to ditch the 22"s! Loved the '19 L405. I'm up to 59k miles on my vehicle now and am set on upgrading to the next generation full size whenever it comes out.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Range rover

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Sport utility vehicle

Off-roading Vehicle Car Off-road vehicle Tree

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Regularity rally

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Off-roading

Land vehicle Car Off-roading Vehicle Regularity rally

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Off-roading

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Range rover Sport utility vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
Hodog, you can take your own car with 22s to owners' day, no problem. remember, that event is really for everyone and for literally any kind of Land Rover. Owners' cars are not put thru a real test.

#4 ·
@Hogdog16 Nice pics!!

I did the Owner's Day in March and it was a good experience and $325 for a half-day event with breakfast and lunch was not bad at all. I would do it again too.

#6 ·
when I lived in Charlotte I did the full weekend package twice that includes a night at the hotel on the estate and an exhaustively detailed tour of the main house and lunch in the old stables that is now a cafe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.