Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
160 Posts
I pulled the supercharger off my 5.0sc to upgrade the coupler and pulley... change the front and rear coolant pipes and get her back in shape after 90,000 miles. When I got it back together it would not start. I went over everything and could not find anything i missed (im pretty OCD) So i threw the scanner on and sure enough coolant temp fault. At first thought I got a bad part, i was reading live data and it showed 390 deg on a cold engine. I disconnected and sensor from the connector and live data still showed hot. After fumbling around in the back behind the manifold I realized both the Symposer and the coolant temp have identical plugs on them, nearly 2 inches apart from each other and no way to identify the difference. Swapped the connectors and viola she runs perfectly.

They did the same thing with the purge valve and secondary air solenoid on the Discos.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Well Nicolas, it's most likely the 2013 Sport SC in his signature. :roll:

So what year and model is your Rover that is missing from your signature?

·
Registered
160 Posts
@ Samuelrover I went with the RSC pulley. I am going to get the tune from them when I get the extra funds. I have a ton of money going into cars this month, Rear off road bumper for my disco since i smashed it last weekend at the Ralley as well as front driveline that finally wore out again. Also have to get tires going on the sport. I also just did the front strut and sway bar links on her 2 weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Well Nicolas, it's most likely the 2013 Sport SC in his signature. :roll:

So what year and model is your Rover that is missing from your signature?
Tapatalk doesn’t have signatures! Or at least it’s more difficult to see them.

Edit..,no never mind can’t find signatures at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ed, did you happen to take pictures of the coolant pipes you replaced? How about the Symposer and coolant temp plug locations???

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Tapatalk doesn’t have signatures! Or at least it’s more difficult to see them.

Edit..,no never mind can’t find signatures at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Someone that has not taken the time to put their own Rover info in their signature need to keep their trap shut if they are on a platform that does not show the signatures of the folks following the guidelines.

Likewise for mobile obsessed folks, you need to get on a real computer and add your Rover info to your signature.

The OP in this thread followed the guidelines and has a real location in his profile and took the time to set up his signature. This helps us help him by not having to play 20 questions.

·
Registered
2011&2014 RRS/sc
234 Posts
Ed, did you happen to take pictures of the coolant pipes you replaced? How about the Symposer and coolant temp plug locations???

RoverPlugs.jpg

Red - coolant temp; Blue - symposer; Orange - heat tape that covers symposer plug; Green - much harder plug to deal with getting on/off (temp/pressure/sensor)
Yellow - knock sensor plugs remove these if you don't want to damage plug connector or actual sensor

symposer.jpg

Blue - servo for symposer plug; Green - more difficult to get-to plug; Orange - symposer vacuum hose very brittle and will surely break apart

ServoSymposer.jpg

Blue - underneath shot of symposer plug will need to move supercharger forward after removing green arrow plug and yellow arrow plugs
to be able to reach this plug and push up from under plug (pull pack heat tape) to see plug retaining clip to remove this before SC is free..

All of this is very tight and hard to get to...just fyi

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rovercharged, Thanks. Im really bad at taking pictures. I just put my head down and work till I am done or fall over.

Justniz, I could not tell you. I never look at gas mileage, price at the pump, never buy gas at Arco... I did not buy a Range Rover for its gas mileage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts