RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The reason I ask... the car I bought was advertised as CPO. (I have a long history of buying new and CPO rovers....)

However the docs I got at purchase have 6yrs. What's up ?

UP TO 7 YEARS / 100,000 MILE LIMITED WARRANTY**
This limited warranty is added on top of the vehicle's new car warranty, using only Land Rover Genuine Parts. It covers repairs for sudden and unexpected mechanical or electrical failure and work is only ever undertaken by Land Rover Trained Technicians. Nothing less. The Warranty covers the vehicle for up to 7 years / 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
"UP TO"... 7 years. When a dealer does CPO on an example they choose how long the extended warranty is for based on the individual vehicle.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
It can be 5, 6 or 7 from original sale. It all depends on the cars history, service and condition. You can also have pristine perfect examples that dealers will not offer CPO on. Depends on the dealer and the rig. As we have no information on the Rover that was purchased any reasons why the dealer chose 6 years would be just guess work.

The quoted text above is from some LR site or the dealer site. It does not say CPO IS 7/100. It says "up to". Just as there is a disclaimer on configurations that the configurator is for informational purposes only (or some such phrase) and subject to change at any time. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for details.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah I should have given more info. 2014 Supercharged 5.0 v8, with 18,000 miles. In service May 2014. I guess they just did 6 years. Not sure. Just seems weird when you look around landrover.com, CPO paperwork, brochures, all says up to 7 yrs/100k miles. In my case it is 6 yrs/100k miles.

It would just make sense to keep them all consistent. This is why I'm asking.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I've only seen it listed as 6 years/100k miles on various LR websites/dealers, etc.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
It would just make sense to keep them all consistent.
Unfortunately not all rovers are consistent.

What springs to mind is that you should have read the warranty documents prior to signature and asked any questions of the dealer at that time. Assumptions are the mother of all F...rustrations when purchasing a Range Rover. :lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have always understood it to be 6 years from original sale. Where is that qouted text from?
APPROVED CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED WARRANTY
Under the Land Rover Approved Certified Limited Warranty, your Land Rover vehicle is covered for up to 7 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Coverage begins on the vehicle's original in-service date and zero miles. (For complete coverage details, please see your Land Rover Retailer)

https://www.landroverusa.com/certified-pre-owned/index.html

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, I read it all and I don't buy anything without reading all text. So I knew it was 6 years. My point is -- after I bought it and was researching why mine was 6 years, i spoke to a friend who bought a 2017 CPO Autobiography, and he has a 7 year warranty. He suggested I ask. The dealer isn't helpful -- but I do think it is misleading that EVERYWHERE on Land Rover official sites, it's all saying "up to 7" years.

Just like it says "up to 100000" miles. So this would be like them saying Oh it's 6 years 84,000. No, mine is 6 years, 100K miles. In this case the "up to " relates to both 7 years and the 100k miles. So why is just one shorter. ?

Anyways I'll call Land Rover out on this because I think this is more of an advertising/messaging problem than a dealer problem. Sounds like dealers have flexibility to offer a shorter term (I assume for a better price) but it is misleading that the "7 years" shows up everywhere in official channels.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Your question has already been answered. Nobody is misleading you. There is nothing anyone on this forum can do to change the warranty that you signed and agreed to.

If you don't, can't or refuse to understand "up to" phrasing or grasp it's concept in advertising then please take this up with your dealer/LRNA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.