Range Rovers Forum banner

lack of power

Tags
lack power
2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  DClipp 
#1 ·
A while back whilst driving home the Range Rover started to lose power whilst under load, especially hills.
Upon investigation the fuel pipe from the tank to the filter was corroded and started to leak just before the filter. As this section of pipe is no longer available in the uk I replaced it with rubber flexible pipe and replaced the filter.
Went for a short test drive an all ok.
Next day went out and straight away no power when depressing the throttle, checked fuel line, no leaks.
Could the new filter have got blocked up?
I have not yet removed the pump to check that, idles ok by the way.
Whilst checking the fuel pipe connections at the tank I noticed when I removed the fuel return pipe it was dry, when I removed the tank to filter pipe it was wet.

Any help appreciated

Thanks in advance

#4 ·
back to drawing board and establish a baseline, what is your fuel pressure? how is your primary and secondary ignition systems? do not forget timing and proper advance.
if all is in good working condition, then look into exhaust restriction due to internal rotted muffler(s) and or obstructed catalytic converters.
are the brakes dragging?, what is the operational condition of transmission?

#6 ·
when vehicle is stationary and in neutral, if accelerator pressed to the floor only manages 3000 rpm, seems fuel starvation, does system need bleeding?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.