Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fitted longer suspension feedback arms on each wheel to get extra ground clearance on my 2014 L494 RRS and I am keen to know if I can get my suspension module reprogrammed/calibrated to trick it into access height being normal height, normal height being low off-road, and off road being high off road. Or can I replace or purchase a module that can be programmed. Any help would be good as I have to fit the new longer feedback arms ever time I want to go off road.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport SCV8 HSE Dynamic
708 Posts
You can do this very easily with a GAP tool.

When you say "suspension feedback arms", are you referring to Johnson Lift Rods or similar?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
49 Posts
Just got an used 2014 Spt, want to know is there away to program it to lower when put into park for easy access and stay there until re enter and start? TIA

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE, 2004 Porsche Carerra 4S
97 Posts
Just got an used 2014 Spt, want to know is there away to program it to lower when put into park for easy access and stay there until re enter and start? TIA
No, and even if you could - don't do it. Just going to wear out your suspension and compressor for no reason.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No, and even if you could - don't do it. Just going to wear out your suspension and compressor for no reason.
When I stop, place the car in park, and open a door the suspension automatically drops for easy exit. If I select off road one or two it doesn’t.

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport SCV8 HSE Dynamic
708 Posts
When I stop, place the car in park, and open a door the suspension automatically drops for easy exit. If I select off road one or two it doesn’t.
what year model is yours? Mine is 2015 and doesn't do that - I just lower it to Access mode when I park.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
969 Posts
Wouldn't that be the "Auto Access Height" setting.

I think wearing out your suspension and compressor is a crap shoot. My 2011 RRS had over 100k miles when I traded it in and it spent the majority of its life in the "Off Road Height" mode when parked.

My 2017 also spends the majority of its time in off road height. "Access Mode" means something different to everybody. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also, if you pull up to a curb, you can end up scraping your bumper when you come back to the car and back out. It's a bad idea.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also, if you pull up to a curb, you can end up scraping your bumper when you come back to the car and back out. It's a bad idea.
Or in my case the wife ripped off the front air dam And driver around the shopping centre carpark with is hanging below the front of the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts