RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi with the amount of vechiles being stolen through reprogramming this port has anyone looked into any security to prevent it? And do any of you have any additional security for your cars? Picking my RRS up on Saturday so interested to hear what others are doing.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
The keyless entry is the big issue with security. There is already an article posted on OBDII jambers, pros and cons. If this is a serious concern for you, there is more information on Google for jambers etc than here. For some reson members here have not show much interest in security add ons.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,157 Posts
I've toyed with the idea of buying one of those port blockers but haven't really researched it. My vehicle is garaged at night and at work is in a gated garage but if I lived in a metro area or parked outside overnight, I would definitely get one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi yes I was looking at OBD Saver which locks the port and prevents access. My car will be parked on my drive so was looking into what can be done regarding this port as pretty scary seeing some of the you tube videos about how easy it is to access and reprogramme.

·
Registered
132 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts