RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone,

My first post on here. I recently purchased some new (to me) 22" genuine alloys to fit to my car and I'm absolutely amazed at what a different changing wheels makes to the overall appearance. Just thought I'd post a comparison of before and after. Haven't changed anything else at all on the car yet, but it looks completely different!

What are your thoughts? Would you have chosen different? These are the 9012 9-spoke style, diamond cut with anthracite grey backing colour.

·
Registered
16 RRS HSE Supercharged
115 Posts
Looks really sharp! Think it actually looks more elegant. Congrats.

I’m thinking on doing the same, just don’t feel like dropping a ton of money on new tires on top of new wheels at the moment.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Looks good and nice upgrade. Plus she should handle and corner even better now...

Those wheels that came stock are super sexy when nicely "Prepped and Sprayed" with a high quality and durable paint and/or powder coated to either Flat or a Gloss Black just an FYI... I repaired and refinished my own 22's with the 9 spoke rims (due to previous owner's curb rash and rim curb rubs) from a High Glossy to a Flat Black and they look really good and have held up nicely for over a year since I did all 5 of them. So don't go selling your old rims just yet as they have great potential and I'd most certainly would use them for winter tires or off-road tire hosts should you have the need. It's nice having a full spare set of mounted tires on rims for seasonal or specialty purposes I must admit...

The only other thing I would do in addition on your Rover is to tint the front windows to match the rears passenger window's tint percentage. It makes a huge difference in both daytime driving comfort and night time road and headlight glare all the while adding to the sharp looks and lines of the Range Rover Sport I have to say as well. Past that, drive and enjoy it!

Pic of mine after repairing and refinishing rims. Matching Tint all the way around (sans windshield of course.) Notice how the Vehicles lines get sexier and more noticeable with matching tint IMO???

2014.5 Rover Sport V8SC with Stormer-II style 9 spoke rims wrapped in Pirelli Zero tires...
14.5 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic.jpg

Reactions: JayTee09

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,223 Posts
Agree those new 22’s look great. I was never a fan of that 21” style.

I think those “pincer” style wheels are the best looking OEM ones besides the turbines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts