RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My camera got some water and stopped working after a while, I order the part myself as the car is out of warranty already. After installing the new unit I hoped the video would just stsrt working, but its not the case. Anyone has an idea how to get the new hardware recognized by the system?
I only have the rear camera, no surround camera system.

I looked for this topic for a while but could not find anything here, so if this was already discussed Im sorry I didnt catch it.

Best Regards

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you order the right parts? I thought there is a HD-version for 360 degrees and an SD-version for reverse camera only.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might have to take it to the dealer for a update. My local dealer charges 195.00 hr.
I guess you are right. In the Service Manual it says that after installing a new Hardware, it must be configured via an authorized diagnostic tool. I have an OBD2 module, I was wondering if is there any App that is able to do it using the module.

Did you order the right parts? I thought there is a HD-version for 360 degrees and an SD-version for reverse camera only.
Interesting, this is the first time Im reading this, but I hope is the right part as all the number match.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rear view cameras are plug and play.
I know as I’ve fitted about 50!?
No software updates needed
Interesting. Did you also install for this specific model? Actually I expected it to be Plug and Play, thats why I ordered online. Im attaching the page on the Electrical manual that says on new installation a Diagnostic Tool is needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting. Did you also install for this specific model? Actually I expected it to be Plug and Play, thats why I ordered online. Im attaching the page on the Electrical manual that says on new installation a Diagnostic Tool is needed.
You would only need to use Diagnostic to change CCF file if it wasn’t activated. When replacing or repairing it’s plug and play literally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You would only need to use Diagnostic to change CCF file if it wasn’t activated. When replacing or repairing it’s plug and play literally.
I will take it to the dealer tomorrow to find out whats wrong. Maybe the part is indeed defective.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts