Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, did an exterior and interior facelift for my 2016 L494 but many posted exterior before so I go with interior. Basically I change the factory screen to android, aircon panel to the lcd version with terrain mode, change out to 2018 steering with the new controller as well as all the window switches. Lastly as my car has the miserable factory ambient light, I add on other ambient lights to the car and control it via the screen. Oh ya. i also change the digital instrument display.
Here goes.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Speedometer

Automotive design Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle
Car Vehicle Automotive design Fixture Personal luxury car

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nice doing the same for my l405

where did u buy the window switches from OEM(something) on eBay? How hard was the install?
Anymore pics of the ambient light and kit you used

was thinking of doing the same as well

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice doing the same for my l405

where did u buy the window switches from OEM(something) on eBay? How hard was the install?
Anymore pics of the ambient light and kit you used

was thinking of doing the same as well
Hi, I order the window switches from LR part dealer in UK and ordered the module from carsystem. I got a workshop to do installation. It was not difficult. Just need to remove the door panel, remove the switchs, put on new switches with the module and it is done. For the driver switch, will need to cut a bit to fir the switch but nothing major.
The ambient light is from China and probably what you see in ebay as well. But I only buy the parts I want which the the 4 door bin, front footwell, center cosole and below the two front seats. But I never install the lights below the seat because I do not want to remove my car seat.
the full package includes the reading light, the roof and even the door panel. Let me try find some picture.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I order the window switches from LR part dealer in UK and ordered the module from carsystem. I got a workshop to do installation. It was not difficult. Just need to remove the door panel, remove the switchs, put on new switches with the module and it is done. For the driver switch, will need to cut a bit to fir the switch but nothing major.
The ambient light is from China and probably what you see in ebay as well. But I only buy the parts I want which the the 4 door bin, front footwell, center cosole and below the two front seats. But I never install the lights below the seat because I do not want to remove my car seat.
the full package includes the reading light, the roof and even the door panel. Let me try find some picture.
Hi Terras14,

May I ask how did you manage to fit the driver window switches as our model comes with 3 wires and the new switches has 6 wired holes?
May i have the seller website as am also looking to change the window switches but hit a wall as ours is 3 wired type

1 - 4 of 4 Posts