RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All

I have just noticed a slight shudder when I brake (Feel it when my foot is on the brake pedal) No noise, no brake wear warning light on the dash. Have dug around online and have seen everything from warped rotors, balance the tires, need new brake pads, to replace caliper bolts... Just curious if anyone has had this before and what the cause might be? Granted I can take it into my indie shop to have them check, but would at least like to know what it might be before I do...

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
30 Posts
My understanding is that the most common cause of the type of shudder your experiencing is warped rotors. Should be an easy diagnosis/fix for any reputable mechanic.

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
183 Posts
My understanding is that the most common cause of the type of shudder your experiencing is warped rotors. Should be an easy diagnosis/fix for any reputable mechanic.
Or it could be deposits on the pads themselves, which could be mitigated with some "aggressive braking". I wouldn't automatically assume warped rotors - that's what a dealer would say...:grin:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Morning All

I have just noticed a slight shudder when I brake (Feel it when my foot is on the brake pedal) No noise, no brake wear warning light on the dash. Have dug around online and have seen everything from warped rotors, balance the tires, need new brake pads, to replace caliper bolts... Just curious if anyone has had this before and what the cause might be? Granted I can take it into my indie shop to have them check, but would at least like to know what it might be before I do...

Thanks in advance...
What is your normal driving like?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts